{24}Well, At Least She Said Yes!

The smexy Landon Parker up top!

Landon Parker

The word yes had barely came out of her mouth when the arrow came whizzing through the air. I immediately took her in my arms, spinning us around until the arrow shot through my stomach with a soft thunk. There were basically no humans in the parking lot except for one girl who let out a really loud shriek. Everything went blurry as I shrunk into Bella's arms, the wolves around us forming a circle.

Bella Parker

I heard the arrow before it hut Landon. I tried my best to hold him up, but Landon was falling. So I let him fall on top of me. I felt the tip of the arrow poking me in the stomach as we were sent to the pavement.

"No," I whispered, his heart beat was already picking up tremendously, trying to replace blood. His breathes were very sharp, hyperventilating. I started screaming bloody murder, trying my hardest to pull the arrow out of his back, the direction it went in making it hard. I finally got it out, right when Doctor Scott arrived.

Landon Parker
Sorry for the POV switches lol.

I woke up to the feeling of warmth, spreading all over my hand. Someone's hand was engulfing mine, and I tried my best to open my eyes. For several terrifying moments nothing happened at all, and then there was light. Blinking multiple times I scanned the room, waiting for my eyes to focus. I noted Bella's snoring form seated next to me, and then the doctor outside the room talking to my parents. They seemed to be in an avid argument, and I caught words like 'temporary' and 'coma'. My eyes widened at that, guess I'm lucky to have woken up. Bella stirred next to me as the machine started beeping wildly, and my eyes went wide as she lifted her sleepy head. A large bruise covered the left side of her face, and I shook with silent anger. Lifting my hand, I softly caressed the blossoming colorful bruise. Her eyes went wide as she realized I had awoke, and tears brimmed her sleep hooded eyes.

"I thought... I thought you were going to die. Because of me," Bella sobbed, as she threw herself over me. She was careful not to touch the wound, in which I was thankful for. It was fiery on my side, leaving tears in my own eyes. Not because the pain, but because someone had tried to afflict this type of pain on Bella.

"Shh, it's okay angel. I'm fine. It wasn't your fault," I cooed, rubbing her back affectionately. She seemed to meld into my side, making a soft smile grace my lips.

Our momentary quiet was interrupted when my crying mother and angry father came through my room doors.

"You did this! It's all your fault you worthless mutt!" Father screeched, lunging to get to Bella. I sat up with some struggle and snarled a warning, pushing her behind me. My lower chest and back immediately blossomed with pain, and I fought a battle to try and keep the tough guy façade up as long as needed. My father met my eyes with a fiery passion, questioning my intents. I knew that this was probably a very stupid idea, I was injured and the old guy had a lot more experience as an alpha than me. But I couldn't back down, not when it came to Bella. Not when it came to my mate. Albeit, yes, I was a total jerk when I rejected her. Yes I regret it very much, and yes I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to her.

"You dare defy your alpha, boy?" My dad growled, but I saw the impressed look in his eye. He approved of my defiance- alphas never submit.

"You're no Alpha to me if you dare lay a hand on one hair atop her head," I snapped back, finally relaxing into the bed behind me, pulling Bella down as well. She didn't fight me on it either, but she was still very tense.

"Why do you protect her after all the trouble she causes Landon?" My dad sighed, tightening his hands into fists and looking over Bella with disinterest.

"It's my fault I got hurt, I was the one who took that hit for her, no one forced me to." I said, and I felt Bella relax a little at that. Though the words did nothing to soothe my angry father.

"That's the thing, son. You shouldn't have taken the hit for her. She's nothing but trouble. Do you even know what the note attached to the arrow said? The rogues want Bella, and if it comes down to it, they will have her over my pack," Dad grumbled, motioning to the scared and trembling girl in my arms. I could only growl at this, the rage was growing inside. The beast wanted to rip into my father for that little comment, and I tried hard to keep him in my mental cage. Bella abruptly stood, leaving my arms cold.

"I'm sorry for the trouble sir, it won't happen again." Bella whispered, before she brushed past my father and out of the room. I tried to get up, but my mothers hands kept me plastered to the bed. My father opened his mouth to speak, but never got the chance.

"Daniel, that is enough! Why do you hate that poor girl so much? What has she done to you?" My mother snapped, shocking both me and my father into silence. His eyes were wide and his mouth hung open, almost comically.

"That girl, is your sons mate. Now I think we both know this is about more than her... disability. It's about your stubborn pride. However broken she may be, she is the future Luna of this pack and you will not treat her like this!" She continued, and if we were chocked before, we were dead from the shock now. My fathers mouth opened and closed like a fish before he could get a single word out.

"Don't speak to me like that, Merideth-"

"Oh shut up. Now go home and straighten yourself up while I tend to our son who was recently shot with an arrow!" Mother cut him off again, and this time I was the one at a loss for words. He tried to say something before giving up. He simply left the room , mumbling under his breathe about women and their tempers.

My mother turned to me with soft, warm eyes. Her hand reached out to ruffle my hair, and I watched her with curiousness. Finally, I broke the silence.

"What was that?" I asked in wonder, not fully understanding what had just came out of my mothers mouth. She simply laughed in return.

"Let's just call it a mother's job."

A/N

So sorry it's this short. Apparently, my readers really do not like it when I leave them on a cliffhanger LOL. I'm really hoping for some more readers to join the fam soon, I feel like I'm losing all of you! Am I doing something wrong? I dunno, but I'm going to try my best on this story. This is my.... 24th chapter? Not sure, but I hope so. That means this story is actually wrapping up nicely. I only expected like 34-35 chapters but now I feel maybe closer to forty lol. Whatever. xD.

Q: AM I MOVING TO FAST? IS THIS A NICE PACE? WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN WHEN BELLA FINDS OUT ABOUT THE BET??

Thanks for reading as always. LOVE YOU GUYS!!

REMEMBER TO....

VOTE
COMMENT
FAN
YEE BOY

Did you have a nice weekend?

Dedicated to @supernovass

Because her covers always inspire me to write a little more. GO CHECK OUT HER BOOKS AND COVER WORK SHOP FOR ME!!!