{19}Drowning

Landon Parker

I scrambled away from her still sleeping form as fast as my legs would carry me. I was still high off the sensation and in shock.

I kissed her! Our lips touched. I kissed her.

Oh god, I kissed her!

No matter how many times I thought it over on the way home, I couldn't bring myself to regret the wonderful sensation that the kiss had brought me. I pinned it on the mate bond, hormones, and anything till hallucinations. But it had happened, and I did enjoy it. I couldn't deny these feelings anymore, they were there no matter how hard I fought against them.

I didn't want them though. Having and wanting aren't the same thing. I will smash them. Not only for my own benefit, but for Bella's.

I ran all through the forest. Hours over hours I ran, anything to keep my wandering mind away from Bella.

We were from two totally different worlds.

Bella Jones

Something was either very wrong or very right.

When I opened my eyes, I was greeted with light for the first time in years. I could see.

Only for a single, lingering second. But it counted. I couldn't see details, just blurry shapes. Shapes like my staggered ceiling and the drapes on my single window. Shapes as in the feathering of my dark curls over my eyes and my hand reaching to the ceiling.

And then like the change of day and night, my fleeting moment of wonder and happiness was gone. It was replaced with the familiar sense of dark and cold nothingness. It was too much to process, and tears spilled from my eyes like a waterfall. I didn't even fight it, just enjoying the moment. Never would I have allowed myself to cry so freely before now, but after that... I didn't see the point in holding back. (I'm a terrible person, but get it... She didn't see the point. ;)) sorry.)

I cried for an entire hour, finally gaining some peace. Until the questions started.

Questions like: Why was there only progress now? What triggered it? Does this mean I could have hope? Will I get my eyesight back?

I cursed myself after that one- refusing to allow myself hope. It had been too long with too little progress. I hadn't seen anything since that night. It was still a wonder how I had escaped in the first place.

The night was a blur.

He'd been gone for hours. His presence still lingered nearby- but for now he was gone. I winced at the pain in my ribs and willed them to heal. No avail.

At least while my wolf was gone. For now I would have to scheme up a plan by myself. I rose from the dirty mattress and felt around for my lose floor board. I pulled and twisted on it until it finally popped out of place- unearthing it's insides.

I had collected various things over the weeks, objects that may have helped me leave. A flattened piece of metal with a sharp end had been forgotten after one torture session. A small collection of screws and nails I had pulled from the naked walls.