{30} Truth Comes Out

Unedited

Bella Jones

"Oh my gosh."

Lacey was gushing over me. I had finally found the time earlier that day to get- as Lacey would put it- the perfect dress for the dance. Which happened to be only.. a half hour from now. I shouldn't have been this nervous, yet my hands were coated with sweat. I tried my hardest this wipe the sheen onto the sequined sides of my dress, but it simply wouldn't remove itself from my palm.

"Okay so, Landon and Trey should be here any minute," Lacey squealed, obviously to lost in the moment to think of her hatred for my mate.

No sooner had Lacey said this the door bell resounded through her house. I sighed in exasperation and placed a hand on my clammy forehead. This is it. The moment I've been dreading and worrying about and a ton of other things. Sure, it was an exciting prospect going to the dance with Landon, it was causing more stress than it was worth. A million scenarios raced through my head, and I probably gained a few grey hairs at the age of 18.

We hit the front room and his scent made it's way into my nose, spiced with Stetson cologne. It was almost intoxicating, as weird as it sounded I could have spent an eternity smelling him.

Lacey made a move to open the front door, but I grabbed her arm in attempt to stop her. She turned to me in most likely pure confusion waiting for an explanation.

"I'm not ready," I whispered, hanging my head in shame.

"You'll be fine," Lacey told me with a promise in her voice I didn't know she couldn't keep. I simply nodded and she turned back at the task at hand. As soon as she opened the door, I heard a growl.

"What in the hell is she wearing Lacey?" Landon snapped, and I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. Oh my god, I knew the dress was ugly. I probably looked like a clown.

"Um, it's called a dress boy genius. Should I spell it out? D. r. e. s. s," Lacey sighed, reprimanding Landon in a tone that was only used on children.

"No it's not! That's underwear! Should I spell that out for you?" Landon retorted, snorting.

"Would you stop? She looks perfectly fine and your making her self conscious," Lacey said, holding my hand in a comforting way. My eyes were about to leak- and I had eyeliner on so that was definitely not a good thing.

"I don't care. She's not going like that," Landon snarled. Lacey only growled in exasperation and led me past Landon towards the supposed car.

"Lacey dear, you look wonderful Love!" Trey shouted after us, and I chuckled despite the situation. How doting of him.

I slid over the leather seat by the window, and unfortunately Landon followed. Sighing, I turned my body to where I presumed the window would be.

Suddenly, a warm cloth was thrown over me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I gripped the leather jacket collar. Landon's scent engulfed me.

"Just put it on. Then people will know you're not available," Landon mumbled, and my eyes widened in response. A soft giggle escaped my lips in response, and I pulled the fabric closer to me. The drive to the dance was long yet comfortable. Everyone but Landon and I had their own conversations going. It wasn't necessarily the best time, but that doesn't mean we weren't enjoying each others company.