{16}Impossible

Bella Jones

I must be insane. Why else would I fear the feelings I may or may not be having for a certain Alpha?

I did NOT want feelings for him, that's for sure.

Lets think of the reasons why this is the absolute last thing I wanted to happen.

1: Landon may and may not be my mate- which wouldn't be a problem other than the fact he rejected me.

2: Landon is a conceited jerk and an absolute player.

That's all I got.. That would be plenty right? Okay let's go over the reasons why I might like him.

1: He makes me feel warm inside whenever he's near.

2: He stuck up to his family for me.

3: He distracts me completely- and I forget that I'm blind.

Nah, I don't have any feelings for him. The pig.

I attempted to concentrate on my classwork- really I did. But I couldn't help but wonder where in the neck Landon had been since Lunch. It was now the last period of the day and he still wasn't here.

Oh yeah, he's doing what every young adult does in high school- skip.

"Hey, Lacey. Have you seen Landon anywhere?" I whispered, poking her in what I assumed to be a rib.

She seemed to be taken aback by my sudden curiosity for his whereabouts, because she didn't answer me for the longest time.

"You cannot have feelings for that jerk. Right?"

Her question slapped me in the face. She must have seen my hesitation because her mouth took in a huge gulp of air.

"Ha. Yeah right... No. No!" I basically shouted, flailing my arms everywhere. I felt as if this was more to assure myself then Lacey.

"Ohmigod. You do! That's so gross. I do not approve." Lacey whispered back vehemently. Her statement somehow caused a rare anger to flare up in my gut.

"Okay, first of all, I didn't ask for your approval Lee. And secondly, I already told you I don't have feelings for him so why don't you just believe me!" I snapped back surprising myself.

She remained quiet while I let what just happened sink in. I just confirmed my worst fear.

"Oh no. I have feelings for Landon Parker!" I slipped out, not realizing he'd entered the room until his presence felt right behind me.

"You have feelings for who?" Landon asked skeptically. Thank the heavens and sweet goddess Artemis!

"Um... The cat?" I said uncertainly. I mentally face palmed at my stupid excuse. Wow now he probably thought it was into some weird crap.

"Um. Well okay?" He sighed, plopping into the seat on the other side of me.

"Parker." Lacey snapped, obviously not comfortable with his nearness. Landon simply grunted in response. His nearness made me give second thought to every little move. The hair on my neck stood straight up. What in the world is wrong with me?