{37} Come Back To Me

So I decided to go back and edit this chapter, Trey no longer is dead! I wanted a confrontation between him and Bella. We'll see! ^^

Landon Parker

Leah was the one who led us straight to the rogues, which I only learned, later on, was completely intentional. She'd planned on baiting us to the hideout, choosing to leave us in the dark in case we were ambushed by patrol along the way. That way, she'd have an excuse for our safety and possible access to the inside of the base. It didn't happen in that order, however, but it did happen in a plausible way. As soon as we had followed her past the rogues 'territory line' safely, she'd stopped and let us in on her plan. So we'd called in warriors, and an hour later the war was raging around me. No-one was left unscathed, we were all fatigued and worn out. That's when Bella had made an appearance with the prisoners. The jailed wolves were weak but plentiful, and quick to put their tormentors in place.

Currently, I was surrounded by multiple wolves. The first of three I thought I'd gotten rid of easily, but I should have double checked.

It all happened in what seemed like slow motion. I saw Bella running towards me, and watched as the knife descended into her abdomen. The sound of the knife slicing her skin will haunt me forever, and still does to this day. The rogue, momentarily surprised by Bella's heroics, was quickly dispatched of. My mate crumpled like paper, sinking to the ground with a small line of blood streaming from her mouth!

"Bella!" I screamed, surging forward with renewed energy. At this moment of my narrative, I cannot begin to express the terror I was feeling. It swirled in my gut, gripping my heart with strength I didn't know Bella had over me. All of the moments I'd spent with her, the good, the bad, and the meaninglessly small ones fluttered through my brain.  I couldn't even begin to think of a life without her, a life without the beautiful and strong woman who stole my heart even after I whisked her away like garbage. Pulling her into my lap, I pushed her sweat-drenched hair out of her face. Underneath, her beautiful eyes full of stormclouds met my own, and we clashed. A switch went off somewhere in them, and they brightened.

"Mate," Bella spoke, her feeble hand shaking as it touched my face. I didn't mind the blood she left behind with her touch, and instead gripped her hand with my own before placing a small kiss on her palm.

"Yes, mate. I love you, oh goddess - I love you. I think I've always loved you, please don't leave. I need you in my life, Bella Jones,"  I sobbed like a madman, clenching her body to my own.

"Medic, get me a damn medic!" I shouted gruffly. By now, the battle was nearly over, and the rogues were retreating to the woods. Wherever these reinforcements came from, my men and I owed them our lives. If ever I get the chance to, I'd lay down my life for each and everyone one of them.

"Don't cry Landon, you're only human, sort of," Bella chuckled, and it dawned on me then that she was seeing me. She'd regained her sight! I decided to leave that for a later time and focus on the task at hand: getting Bella the hell out of there.

"Stop joking! This is serious," I snapped, placing my hands over the wound in a feeble attempt to keep the blood from flowing. It worked, mostly. I head someone shout that a medic had arrived, and a lot after that was just a blur. Bella was carted away, into the back of a white van. Medics had swarmed the battlefield, checking on both rogues and warriors for signs of life. It was straight out of a war movie.

The one thing I remember vividly is Bella's words to me as the van doors were sliding closed.

"I love you too, Landon Parker," she whispered, and then she was gone.

I called out to the medic, and his head turned to me.

"That's your future luna, so you'd better make damn sure she survives!" I growled, gripping the collar of his shirt momentarily. He gulped and then agreed before I let go. 

I stared off as the van rounded the dirt roads bend that had led us here. I didn't move my eyes even after it was out of sight and whispered the words I couldn't say to her before.

"Come back to me."

*

*

*

Though we'd won the war, it was clear that no celebration should be made. 37 dead, and 52 were injured. A welcome surprise, however, was the roughly 150 prisoners Bella and Winfrey had saved from the camp. Not all from our pack either, neighboring packs and even as far away as South America.

"Alpha, we have located their leader. And the traitor's identity has been confirmed, I'm sorry sir. He's currently in interogation room 2."

I stood up from my seat outside the operating room that Bella was currently fighting for her life in. I spotted Nathan, my cousin standing at the edge of the hallway. Running a hand over my tired eyes, I groaned and fought the urge to run into the prisons right now and punch the living daylights out of him.

She's going to be crushed.

"All right, thanks for letting me know Nate. You can rest now, you must be tired," I replied, clapping a hand on his should and giving a slight nod. He agreed, spinning to leave.
Momentarily stopping, he turned his head towards me with a hopeful expression.

"She's going to be all right Alpha, Bells is a strong girl."

With that, he continued on his way. I silently agreed with him, looking back one last time to the operating room before heading to the holding cells. I decided to deal with the traitorous bastard first before heading to the monster. Sucking in a deep and ragged breath, I entered with renewed resolve.

Doctor Scott's bloodshot eyes met mine, and they pleaded with me to remove the tape covering his mouth.

"47 years you worked here, respected and loved, adored and helpful. Hell, even I trusted you. So explain to me, please do, why you decided to betray this pack and its peoples?" I spoke, scarily calm to even my own ears. Without holding back, I yanked the tape away from his lips.

"Alpha, please, have mercy. I did it for my dear Eveline! That monster stole her away, my poor wife. He promised to kill her if I didn't help him, he promised! I had to oblige, you don't understand. Eveline, my wife, she has dementia. She's not right in the head, she needs me" Doctor Scott cried, and I listened quietly. I didn't expect this, I had no idea Mrs. Scott had even been missing.

"Even so, you should have come to me! I'm your Alpha for goodness sake, I could have helped you. Instead, you went and got Bella, your Luna nearly killed! She's in your hospital fighting for her freedom right now. If she dies, you die." I answered; though I did feel sympathy for the old man. I cut his binds and warned him not to leave pack grounds, only to go straight to his wife.

I knew if I went to visit that bastard now, he'd be dead in minutes. I couldn't let that happen. Bella deserved to get justice for herself, and I wasn't going to take that away from her.

Hi guys! I'm sorry if the last chapter was boring, the epilogue will come soon. I'm super excited to finish so I'm not sure if this came out sloppy (?), so whoops! I decided to leave Bella's fate a mystery to be solved in the epilogue. It will include a time skip by the way! I hope you all enjoyed this book. It's kind of been a long ride, like a year and a half! Wow. But, anyways, see you next time!

P.s, I'll probably come back here some months down the line and fill in any plot holes or things I feel need more explaining.