Chapter Twelve

--Your Pov--

You hesitated for a moment, then snapped back to reality. You continued to push Paul down the hallway.

--Tord's Pov--

"You really thought you would walk away with Paul?" I asked Patryk.

"Well... sorta." He shrugged.

"I know you didn't break up you little phonies." I picked him up by the collar. "You will be staying in a cell. You will be taken care of, there."

"What? Wait. No! I don't want to go there! I'll-"

"Why do you even bother!?" I snap. "I think I know what happens in those cells. Stop complaining!"

He kept his mouth shut as I dropped him to the ground. I dragged him by his forearm. He thrashed around and tried to get free but my grip was solid. I was bringing him to the stairs to the cells.

"Red Leader! This is madness! I'm one of your best soldiers! You gave us a choice!" He shouted, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"But I don't recall ever saying I would keep it the same way when you made your choice." I pointed out. "Really, as a top soldier, I thought you would have caught up on that."

He growled and fumbled with something. I looked back and gasped. He had his gun pointed towards me.

"Jeg hater deg!" He screamed and shot.

--Your Pov--

You dropped Paul off at the melee stations.

"Clyde, Red Leader said to keep Paul away from Patryk." You say as Paul lowered his head.

"If they are Red Leader's orders." He nodded.

'Hmm, I actually thought he was going to question tha-'

A gunshot rang through the air. Paul, Clyde, and you all look around.

"That sounded like it was coming from the Medi-cells." Clyde said, worried.

"Medi-cells? Is that the-" You start.

"The building we were just in!" Paul shouted. "Oh Patryk!"

"I don't think it was Patryk that WAS shot, I think it was Patryk THAT shot!" You worry. "Something is wrong!"

You, Clyde, and Paul start to rush over to the Medi-cells. You ran into the doors and fell onto your butt.

'Thought these were push doors....'

You rub your head and jump up, remembering you NEED to hurry. You ripped open the doors and ran around the corner. You stopped in your tracks as you slowly walked forward around the corner. Patryk was on his knees, in a puddle of blood, holding the gun to his side. He was trembling with tears. Clyde and Paul came around the corner a couple seconds after you.

"Patryk?" Paul stepped forward.

Patryk shot his gun backwards because he was startled. Luckily, Paul ducked and missed all three of the bullets. Patryk looked back and gasped at Paul.

"Paul! I-I almost killed you." He cried.

Paul ran over and embraced Patryk in a hug. He hugged back with one arm. There was a moment of silence. Paul and Patryk were smiling, until Paul pulled away after looking at his hand. Paul examined his hand for a moment, with his eyes wide. He looked back at Patryk's shoulder.

"Patryk... you're bleeding." He whispered.

"I know. Red Leader shot me." Patryk said.

You and Clyde looked at each other.

"Where is he then? What happened?" Clyde asked, walking along with you down the hallway.

"I tried to kill him." You filled with anger as Patryk answered. "But I missed and shot his shoulder. He grabbed his gun and shot my shoulder. He doesn't want me dead, but now I want him dead." Patryk winced. "I-I... I...." He slurred.

"Patryk, you need to get help. You're going to bleed out." Paul stated, looking at the large ocean of Patryk's deep, dark red blood.

"B-bu-... I... d-don't...." He blinked slowly at Paul and started to lean to one side.

"Clyde! Help!" Paul cried.

Clyde rushed to them and helped Paul bring Patryk to the nearest medical room. They set him down on the stone slab. You stood outside the room as they did whatever they were doing.

'Patryk attacked Tord, his leader... he did hit him... but where is he?'

You looked around. Your eyes stopped on the pool of Patryk's blood. You walked around and stopped. You squinted, there was a splash of red on the wall. You ran your fingers along the bricks and watched the red pick up onto your fingers. You went back over to Patryk's blood and dunked a finger in it. You put your fingers next each other. They were different reds. You looked back at the wall blood and then looked down the hallway.

'That must be Tord's blood.'

You stand up and head down the hallway. A trail of blood carried on. The hallway grew darker each step you took. You started to lose the sight of the blood in the darkness. You pulled out your phone and continued to follow the trail. Eventually, came to a medical room. You entered. Blood were in puddles on the floor. A medical kit was open but not closed. A bloody bullet was next to soaked red bandages. You knew that was the bullet Patryk shot and those bandages were for Tord's shoulder. You exited the room and looked down the rest of the hallway. There were stairs. It occurred to you that there was no way that Tord could have gotten out of this building before you, Clyde, and Paul got here if he was all the way down here. You stared to walk down the stairs. There were torches that started to light the way so you turned off your phone. You looked left and right at empty cells. You heard a voice shout after you. It sound like Clyde.

"F/N! Come back! You shouldn't be down there! It's not safe!" They shouted.

You looked back but continued to walk forward.

'The cells are empty and it looks like nobody goes down here. And if I'm going to find Tord, I'm going to stay down here until I do. He came down here, I know it.'

You walked farther. In a cell to your right, there was a black, huddled up shape. You inched closer and put your hands on the bars. You squinted to see if you could identify it. And then in a swift, quick motion, the black had a glowing white dot dart around and face you. You were confused.

'Is that an eye?'

(Imma just leave it there. I mean for this chapter. Has anyone noticed how fast I've been writing this book? Literally, I've written 3 chapters TODAY. One at about midnight so it WAS today. Another after school, I HATE MONDAYS! And now this one at... 19:30, military time. 7:30pm, normal time.
Date:03-13-17

More To Come My Ghosties!)