Chapter Nineteen

--Your Pov--

You watched Tord try to figure something out in his head. He stood up and headed to the door. You got up and chased after him.

"What's going on?" You ask, trying to keep up with his speed.

"We have an enemy in the base." Tord answered, picking up more speed.

"Why didn't you just announce it through the speakers?" You ask a stupid question.

"Why do you think? Håvard would hear it and he would have time to escape with his information."

"How do you know there is no Håvard in this army?" You question as you and Tord barge into a tent.

Tord acted as though you didn't ask a question, he didn't answer. He slammed his foot onto the ground and his trusted soldiers jumped up to salute. But before they could raise their arms, Tord started to order assignments.

"Paul, I want you to gather Carl, Henry, and Jake. I want you all to be under cover IN the base. Try to find this guy named Håvard and see if you can bring enough info to me after a talk with him. Don't make it obvious that you want to report the information to me. Paul, you and Henry are partners. Carl and Jake are partners." Tord turned to Patryk as Paul set off. "Patryk, you need to protect F/N." Tord stepped uncomfortably close to Patryk and whispered something in his ear that seemed to scare him.

Even if you could hear what he said, it was probably in Norwegian so you wouldn't understand it. Tord grinned and patted Patryk's back. Tord turned to you and kissed your lips. You smiled in the kiss before you pulled away.

"I want you to be safe. Stay with Patryk, he WILL keep you safe." Tord strained the word 'WILL' so strongly, you felt like the word itself hurt.

You smiled and rested your head on his chest. After a short second or two, you lifted your head and Tord walked off.

"Jeg elsker deg." You say.

He looks back at you and smiles.

"Jeg elsker deg også." He returned and disappeared around a corner.

You felt hands be placed on your shoulders. They turned you around and you came face to face with Patryk. He shook you.

"We're going to have fun!" He brightly smiled. "We can play 'Would you rather' or 'Truth or Dare'. Oh! We could play 'Tic Tac Toe'!" He kept shaking you.

"I... thought you... were supposed... to protect me!" You say in between shakes.

He stops and backs up.

"Oh right." He let go of you and ran over to the empty bunk bed. "How about 'I spy'? Wanna play 'Name Game'?" He continued his list of things you both could play.

But only one of those games seemed to catch your attention.

"'Name Game'?" You echoed, sitting down next to him.

"Yeah! Wanna play? It's where we choose a subject and then we have to name as many things in that subject as possible without renaming it. And you take turns." Patryk explained while scratching his head.

"Oh, I know this game. Tor-er-Red Leader and I play this game time to time. Not recently but still." You shrugged. "Let's start."

"The subject is 'Fruit'." He said and pointed to you. "Go."

"Apple."

"Orange."

"Banana."

"Watermelon."

"Tomato."

He looked at you weird for a second. You assumed he was questioning why you named a vegetable, but it's actually a fruit.