Chapter Eighteen

--Your Pov--

You silently watched as the colorful dart exited the gun and flew between the bars and to Fridtjof's neck. He roared with anger and grabbed at the dart. But once again, the dart had drained his energy and he slid down the wall and fell asleep. The soldiers checked if Fridthjof and Fridtjof were asleep. One troop entered each cell and retrieved the darts. They rushed back to the safety of outside the cell. Two soldiers picked up the dead fellow on the ground. Blood still rushed down his neck and splat on the ground. There was a puddle of blood even darker and larger than the one Patryk was sitting in when you went around the corner. The soldiers held their heads down and those who wore hats, took them off and pressed it against their chest. The two soldiers holding the dead guy were covered in blood from hand to shoulder. It almost looked as if they took their arms and dipped them into a sea of red blood. You stared at the dead troop as the group passed you without a word. Your mouth hung slightly open. The last guard went around the corner as the heavy clomping of boots faded. You were left down in the cells with the two turned soldiers. Good thing they were snoring away. But you couldn't understand how such a small little dart could calm those two beasts. You walked over to Fridthjof's cell and looked at the eyeless soldier. You sighed and rest your arms on the bars. His breathing was slow and calm, like he was never going mad. His diamond was a purple. This, you didn't know so you turned and watched Fridtjof in his cell for a short time. Like his brother, his breathing was also slow and peaceful. His arm was resting on his stomach, which was slowly moving up and down to his breathing. You turned around and jumped when you saw someone's head pop out from around the corner.

"Why are you still here?" The guard asked, walking around the corner so you could see all of him.

Your eyes fixed on his arms. He was one of the troops that carried out the dead soldier. His bloody hands rested on his waist, he was waiting for his answer.

"I'm waiting for my answer. I can order you to do that and you don't want me to bring you to Red Leader, or else I'll let you both talk it out." He hissed and started to tap his foot on the ground.

You would say what you are doing down here but you feel like he would take you to Tord. But if you don't tell him, he will take you to Tord anyways, and you don't want Tord to find out that you were down here doing what you were doing. You stiffened and took a deep breath.

"I was only making sure these two didn't wake up when everyone left." You answered, not liking the fact that you lied straight to his face.

He nodded and started to walk off. You had a feeling he didn't know you were Tord's fiancé and wasn't actually an army troop. You wondered if he knew about the feast you and Tord had.

'Wasn't he there?'

You remembered that there were soldiers still on patrol and most of the others were in a medical room.

'Maybe he was patrolling.'

Then it occurred to you.

'If he was patrolling, surely he would have known about the party and watched Tord offer the ring to me. That means....'

This building is sound proof. The only sound you can hear from the inside are the mechanical parts moving within the walls. Gosh, who knows what those are for. He was in this building during the feast. Something was wrong with him though. He didn't have anything wrong with him that was visible, as far as you could tell. Maybe he was mentally unstable? He could be dangerous, to you, to other troops, and even to Tord. Just before the soldier you were just talking to went around the corner, you asked a question to stop him.

"Hey! What is your name again?" You shout so he could hear you.

He stopped and turned his head to you and grinned.

"It's Håvard." He answered and walked away.

You slowly nodded and tried to remember the name.

//Time Skip\\

You sat on the end of Tord's bed. Dont Norwegian names have a meaning to them? You searched the names you remembered.
'FRIDTJOF: Danish and Norwegian form of Old Norse Friðþjófr, meaning "peace-thief."
FRITHJOF: Variant spelling of Danish/Norwegian Fridtjof, meaning "peace-thief."
HÅVARD: Danish and Norwegian form of Old Norse Hávarðr, meaning "high guard."'
You thought nothing of the names until you saw their meanings. Fridtjof and Fridthjof meant 'Peace-Theif'? Maybe that's why they were the ones to be tested on, maybe that was their punishment. Håvard's name meant he was a 'High Guard'.

'Maybe he works alongside Tord or Paul and Patryk.'

You thought to calm down the other side of your brain. The other side was thinking negative things that would endanger the whole Red Army and Tord. You closed your tab and jumped to your feet. You grabbed and twisted the door handle and walked out.

--Tord's Pov--

I sat at my desk. Signing papers is one thing I can wait to do, but it needs to be done. I just had Carl and Henry walk in and report to me. "Daniel is dead sir." Is what they said. Which really sucks because I already have a never ending stack of papers I need to sign but no, apparently one of my soldiers had to die. That added about three more papers to the pile. I gave out a heavy sigh as I signed another paper and put it to the side, along with my other 138 papers I signed today. The next paper talked about how we should start to teach everyone how to shoot a bow and arrow instead of JUST using guns. Personally, I actually liked that idea and I signed it. 140 papers signed today. All of these were pretty much just suggestive ideas the Red Army come up with. I can approve or veto them without anyone to overcome the veto. It's great. As I pulled the next paper off the stack, F/N walked through the doors and sat in her chair next to me. She stared at the papers as I smiled and wrapped my arm around her. She leaned her head on my healed shoulder and smiled.

"I bet you know about the dead soldier." She said.

"Yeah, uh... wait." I paused. "How did you know?"

"I-um. Word gets around." She stammered.

That is true, not much can be a secret if you tell someone.

"I met one of the guys that carried the dead soldiers. His name means 'High Guard'." She calmly said.

I froze.

"His name is Håvard." She said.

"No." I said under my breath.

"What?" F/N sat up.

"There is no Håvard in this army."

(MORE CONFLICT! And also, ALMOST 20 CHAPTERS! I'm going to set a new record. My first chapter book 'Old Friends(Fredbear X Reader)' has 20 chapters(21 if you include the info page). Let's see now... by the way, thank you for all the support so far and thank you for those that are somehow still reading this constantly updated book. #IHaveNoLife.
Date:03-18-17

More To Come My Ghosties!)