Chapter Thirty-Six

--Your Pov--

You turned and started to climb down into the dark hideaway. The lights of the building above you started to fade away as the ladder creaked with each movement you made down.

'I'm starting to not be fazed by secret passageways anymore.'

You glanced down to see how much farther the ground was, but when you did you had already entered a empty area. You landed on the hard floor and looked around. Dust was tastable as you wandered in the darkness. You felt a skinny chain of cold metal run across your cheek. You stopped and reached for it, pulling it. As you pulled the chain downward, a light clicked on. It illuminated a desk full of mechanical parts and machinery. A book and pen were settled next to a gun that looked like none other. They all rested on a blueprint that seemed to have drawings of the strange gun. You walked over to it as dust floated across your face. A chill ran down your spine as many theories started to pop up and mix to create new ones. A disintegration gun? Was it a mutant making gun? Or could it be it? You softly ran your fingertips across the trigger of the gun, wondering how much sensitivity it had and hoping you wouldn't accidentally trigger it. You looked around, it felt like there were eyes watching you when you were down here. It felt like someone was next to you, waiting. The gun was small in size, but you assumed it could do big things. You picked it up, almost dropping it. The grip was layered in tiny spikes, making it nearly impossible for someone without gloves to hold it. You struggled it up through the pain and examined every other crook and cranny. The tiny spikes poked deep into your skin as you finally gave up and practically dropped it back onto the table. You heard the ladder creaking.

'Hide.'

It was the only thing that popped into your mind. You ripped on the metal chain to turn off the light. Then there was the remaining problem; where were you gonna hide?! It didn't help that you had to turn off the light first and didn't know your surroundings inch by inch. You imagined yourself tripping over your own feet or crashing into a stone wall face first. But somehow, you had found a big enough crack to slide down into. The person finally jumped down onto the hard floor and turned on the light. You widened your eyes at him.

"Finally, I get a break." He sighed angrily. "Every single Red Leader I swear. 'DO THIS! DO THAT! YOU NEED TO PROTECT THE BASE!' Pah!" He spat, putting on a glove and picking up the gun. "Bull crap."

You leaned onto the floor to watch closer.

"I can't wait for this to be over. This gun; this powerful weapon, will make them forget; will reset them. They'll no longer follow any Red Leader... they'll follow me."

Your arm slipped and you hit the floor, letting out a small squeak. He jerked around to look around. You pulled into the crack and sat down in the shadows. You could hear his heavy boots grow closer and his breathing grow even closer. You knew he was looking down into the space you were hiding in, but you were in such a position that was so compact that he wouldn't see you unless he was in front of you. He backed away and set the gun back down onto the table. He climbed back up out of the room, slamming the hatch shut. You breathed out and climbed back into the dark room, turning the light back on.

"Dang." You glanced at the gun. "So this is the gun that Tord used, it must be."

You turned around to the ladder, but quickly snatched up the gun in a cloth before heading up. You pushed up on the hatch, but it stayed down. Panic set in.

"Hello?" You pushed again. "Hello?!"

//Time Skip\\

--Tord's Pov--

"How could I have protected her from that bomb!? I couldn't walk!" I pointed out.

"You acted like you knew about it before he even pulled out the remote!" Justin argued. "So you could have told her! You're just lucky Fridthjof was there."

"Shut up Justin!" I barked. "If you think I'm doing such a horrible job, then why don't you do it?!"

"Dude..., I'm DEAD." He put his hand to his face. "And I can't seem to get into her dreams. Does she even sleep?"

"Yes she does." There was a weird ripple in the darkness.

"I need to leave." Justin turned away.

"What? Why?!" I chased him.

"F/N is trapped somewhere." Then the darkness consumed him.

I woke up slowly, only barely remembering the talk. I sat up and touched the cool floor with my bare feet. Bjørn had passed out in the chair. I quietly grabbed the crutches and used them to go down the hallway. I earned gasps and looks from every soldier.

"Are you okay sir?" Clyde worried as Paul and Henry ran up behind him.

"Just fine." I went past them and slowed to a stop, out of breath.

"Are you sure? You seem to be in a hurry and if you are, you might not make it." Henry pointed out.

'F/N is trapped.'

"Fine." I sigh. "Take me to my office."

'I hope this is where she is.'

Paul and Clyde grabbed onto my arms and pulled me along. Henry grabbed my crutches and rushed behind us. We opened the door to hear a faint pounding.

"Hello...? A-anyone? I'm getting a bit tired." She said.

"Desk!" I pointed and was rushed over to it.

I pulled out of their hold and dropped to the floor, wincing in pain as I landed on my knees. I ripped the hatch off and was greeted by F/N looking worn out. She smiled brightly up at me, but soon had a look of worry and panic on her face.

"Wait what?! Why are you out of bed?! Where's Bjørn?!" She crawled out of the hidden room.

And as if on cue, Bjørn burst through the doors with not only a angry expression plastered on his face, but also a medical worksheet.

"Old Red Leader!" He walked in. "You need to be in bed! Your gonna open the cuts and gashes again!"

I looked own at my legs, noticing a little line of blood start to run down from a cut. I sighed, knowing he was right.

"Don't we have any faster medicine?" I asked, irritated of that small room of boredom.

"Sir, I believe you know the answer to that question." Bjørn walked up to us.

I groaned. I did know the answer to the question. But I was really hoping that it would be 'yes' instead of 'no'. Yet again, if it was 'yes', I probably would have ripped his head off for not using it from the beginning. F/N suddenly perked up after scanning everyone in the room.

"Henry!" She pulled the gun off her belt and faced it to him. "You placed those bombs!"

(Thank you everyone for 7k and 8k reads!
Date:10-01-2017

More To Come My Ghosties!)