Chapter Thirty-Seven

—Your Pov—

You breathed out with the gun pointed outward.

"What?!" Henry took a step back with his arms up in defense, not like that would save him from a incoming bullet though. "Why would I ever do that?!"

"Oh I don't know, maybe because you're a traitor!" You held the gun more firmly.

Henry glanced at the gun, then to Tord, and then to you. Tord straightened.

"Is this true? How long have you been lying to us?" Tord asked, leaning onto you for some support.

"It...." Henry stopped and looked around.

He turned and punched Bjørn. Bjørn fell onto his backside and groaned as he reached for his head that had hit the floor. That short distraction was long enough for Henry to slip out of the doors.

"Catch him!" You shouted as Clyde and Paul pushed the doors open and ran after Henry.

You brought Tord over to his seat and sat him down. He grabbed the mic and turned it on.

"Attention soldiers, the traitor has been spotted and is on the run. Catch Henry. I repeat, catch Henry." Tord shut off the mic and leaned back into his chair.

You put your hand on his shoulder and he sighed with a small smile. Then a thought struck your mind.

"How did you know I was here?" Your eyes traveled over to Bjørn, who was still on the floor.

"Okay, so don't freak out about this but, your brother told me your were trapped." Tord said, touching the newly opened cut with a wince.

"Wait so... in your dream you talked to Justin and he said I was trapped in here?"

"He actually didn't tell me where you were, he just said you were trapped. But yes, I did talk to him in my dream. That isn't too crazy for you to understand is it?"

"No! It proved just what Varg and I theorized!" You started to walk in circles.

"Varg." Tord thought for a moment. "You're not talking about my father are you?" He rose a brow as if to ask "how is he alive?"

"He's not alive if that's what you're thinking; we talk in my dreams." You said. "And Justin talks to you in yours."

"Well I wouldn't go as far as to say "dreams". They're more like nightmares." He rolled his eyes, then watched as Bjørn finally stood up.

Bjørn stumbled up and held his head for moment.

"Are you okay sir?" He worried as the paper slid off his cheek.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine." Tord waved dismissively and Bjørn went without another word.

Tord turned to you and you bent down to his height.

"You look worried." You examined his face. "If it's Henry you're worried about, then don't be. I'm sure someone's gonna catch him. After all, everyone heard that announcement and it's the whole army against him. He's really outnumbered."

"Yeah, I suppose so, F/N." Tord rested his forehead on yours. "I just can't believe I let that happen to you."

"I'm fine Tord." You smiled. "How's you're leg?" You glanced down at his bandages.

"You saw me, I can walk now but I limp... I limp painfully." Tord leaned back in his chair.

"Okay, I want you to be able to fully walk when we have that wedding. I don't want you hurting on a special day like that."

"Whatever you want hon." Tord smiled and kissed your forehead.

Suddenly, someone kicked the doors open. You snapped your attention over to who was walking through the doors. Paul returned with Clyde and were holding Henry's arms behind his back. Henry tried to pull away but they had too firm of a grip. Tord straightened and gave Henry a disappointed and angry look.

"Henry, you have betrayed us for what? For the enemy? For some kind of reward? Why did you do this?" Tord said.

"I will not speak!" Henry snapped, attempting to wiggle out of the hold again.

"You just did." Clyde commented plainly and earned a death glare from Henry.

There was a second of silence.

"F/N, hand me that gun you pointed at him please." You did not hesitate to do what he asked.

You took it off your belt and handed it to him. He stood up and limped over to Henry. You saw Clyde wince towards the gun and Paul give it a skeptical look. You rose a brow as Tord pointed it towards Henry.

"Tell me or else I'll use this. And I know you know what it does." Tord threatened.

There was something that made you question something.

'How is he holding the gun?'

You knew it had those small spikes on it, but he wasn't wearing gloves. You thought he would notice the pain going through his hand even if he was focused on the worse pain in his legs. You had put on gloves and moved the gun from your pocket to your belt since you were waiting on the ladder for someone to save you. So it was no problem holding it now, but still. How could he deal with that pain?

"I won't speak... anymore; I cannot!" Henry looked away from the barrel of the gun pointed at his chest.

Henry glared at Clyde, probably waiting for the smart remark. Tord sighed angrily and pressed the gun against Henry's chest. And only a split second later, Tord pulled the trigger. Henry curled inward which had knocked the gun away from him. Tord took his finger off the trigger to avoid hitting anyone else with the silver beam shooting out from the gun. Tord backed up to you and set down the gun. A light silver smoke rose from Henry's chest as he breathed in a painful way.

"D-did it work?" You looked over Tord's shoulder to see Henry still curled inward.

Tord pondered the answer for a second, waiting for a reaction from Henry.

"Take him to a medical room and keep him there until he wakes up." Tord snapped his fingers and Paul and Clyde turned out of the office.

(It's funny because I was almost done with this when you messaged me, @Rainbowwolfcraf. I'm happy to know you enjoy my books! Tusen takk!!!
Date:10-17-2017

More To Come My Ghosties!)