Chapter Thirty-Five

--Your Pov--

You were taken back at the chosen locations.

"We have a feeling that there could be one more but, we're not quite sure. That's why we're still searching." Drake spoke up.

"And not to make the situation even worse, these bombs look like they have been underground for YEARS. Does that mean we have another traitor in the army?" Danny asked.

You hesitated.

"We need to find out who this is. But I don't see anyone that could have done such a thing to their own base." You put your hand on your chin. "Okay, search for the rest of the day to see if there is one and if there isn't, then I would like you guys to help on the search to find the British Leader."

They all nodded and put their goggles back on, going back to searching. You ran your hand through your hair and went to the Melee Stations. Clyde gave you a wave with his hand as you walked in. You went over to a punching bag and started beating the crap out of it. It relieved stress really quick when you needed it to.

//Time Skip\\

You walked out of the Melee Stations and went back over to the Medi-Cells to update Tord on the situations at hand. Bjørd was nodding off in his chair as Tord's stomach moved up and down peacefully.

'He's sleeping.'

You slowly opened the door and sat next to Tord. You looked at his bandage wrapped legs. The once white bandages were stained in various shades of red. You heard Bjørn clear his throat quietly behind you.

"Red Leader... can I take a short nap too?" He asked.

"Not until your old Red Leader is dead." You stared at him plainly.

He sighed tiredly and slapped himself. He shot up and looked awake again. You rolled your eyes and turned back to Tord, who was starting to move uncomfortably. You watched as he mumbled some words of distress and fear. You quickly grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. His breathing smoothed out again and he stopped moving uncomfortably. A smile slowly faded onto his face. You let go and exited the room.

'I guess I'll have to tell him later.'

//Time Skip\\

"Hey Varg! Are you here? I need to ask you something!" You shouted into the darkness that surrounded you.

You saw a tall tree grow out of the ground with a swing attached to it. You went and sat on it, slowly pushing yourself with your feet.

"Oh yes?" Varg appeared from behind a bolder.

"What's your deal with gay people?" You rocked yourself on the swing.

"I'm homophobic. I can't stand seeing two of the same gender doing romantic things together. It... it grosses me out." He answered.

"I'm sorry about your mental illness." You apologized.

"Stupid." He muttered. "It isn't a mental illness. We were born as a certain gender for a reason."

"Are you okay?" You quiz, slowing the rock of the swing.

Varg sighed heavily and put his hand to his forehead.

"I've been dead for like a year. It gets lonely. I don't know if I'm okay." Varg admitted.

A random thought popped into your head.

"Hey, do all dead people have the chance to visit dreams?" You ask with hope.

"Maybe. I haven't seen anyone else." He shrugged. "Why?"

"I could talk with Justin!" You jumped up and received a confused stare from Varg.

"And that is...?" He asked, shifting on the rock.

"It's my brother." You answered and started pacing. "He was killed in a rescue mission to save Tord."

"You risked your brother to save my son!?" Varg asked, surprised.

"I didn't want him to die! It just... it happened so fast I-I couldn't do anything!" You stopped pacing and refused to let tears show.

"Well... Tord must be a good man if you risked that much to save him." He quietly said. "How is he?"

"He's hurt pretty badly. Last time I checked, he was sleeping. Can you visit him?" You questioned.

"No, he has his mind blocked from me somehow. It may be because of our history." Varg thought for a short moment. "But what if Justin is visiting him?"

"Why would Justin visit Tord and not me though? That makes no sense." You paced again. "Could I have my mind blocking Justin?"

"It's completely possible. I think your mind automatically blocks out anyone from bad memories when you're asleep. It must have been pretty bad when he died."

"Wait.... Wait one second! I remember as his last words he said "protect me or I will haunt you in your dreams!" Tord was having a nightmare when I saw him sleeping. But... when didn't Tord protect me?"

This was weird. Tord didn't do anything wrong to you, he cared more about you than his entire army. And there wasn't any way he could have protected you at the British Base, he couldn't even stand properly.

'This is so weird.'

//Time Skip\\

You woke up before the sun to go and finish some papers. You dressed in your Leader clothes first, then went out. The trip over to the office was short, but the darkness of the night made it harder to not trip over anything. You opened and closed the door with no problem and walked up to the desk with the smallest stack you've seen so far. The F/C pen sat next to the stack of white and sometimes blue, yellow, green, or pink papers. The use for other colored paper was pretty useless to you but maybe those were more important than the white ones. You took a green sheet out from under 3 white ones and looked at it. Your feet started to get uncomfortable so you moved them. You felt the ground toughness change. You hit the ground with your foot and heard some hollowness to it. You pushed away from the desk and got onto your knees to look under the desk. You put both hands on a square line. You grabbed both sides of it and pulled it up. Inside was a ladder going down.

'Okay. What's this?'

(Re-downloaded Spotify, What Does The Fox Say comes on for the first time in forever. OOOHHH WAIT! I JUST REALIZED HOW CLOSE IT WAS TO 09-11!
Date:09-09-2017

More To Come My Ghosties!)