Saviour

There was a building ahead, one that was in a better state than the factory but still abandoned. It was once a fort. Sapphire wondered why there was a fort all the way out here where nothing important was, but she could tell it was definitely once a fort.

It was made of stone, a grand double door entrance, four rounded corners, lots of windows – just at the side she could see there must have been eight windows - then she noticed above the door carved in stone a year, 1583. Sapphire assumed that it was the year that it had finished being built but she knew nothing about history.

"Dominic, go and see if there is another way – if there is use that way inside, if not come back through this way." Dominic did just that and went around looking for another entrance. Meanwhile Sapphire silently walked to the front door, looking at it cautiously to see if there could be any trap. She heard a groan from Jackson inside; after hearing it her adrenaline kicked in and she just thought, stuff it, then she opened the door. Nothing happened so she walked inside. Ahead of her was a grand staircase that split into two, one going left and the other going right as it led upstairs. There was a lot of treasure in this hallway itself, those silver knights, tables, chests, everything. Sapphire shook her head, mumbling to herself, "I am here for Jackson." Just then she heard another scream from Jackson. She looked at her. That defiantly came from upstairs, she thought, but then something said in the back of her mind, how do you know that it isn't just the echoes and that really it is downstairs? Ignoring her subconscious, she ran up the steps two at a time, being absolutely silent. That was when she heard the voices talking behind a door.

"Yes but the way you are kicking him in the head he will probably have a concussion, plus we need to make a plan now, Sapphire is very close."

"What about the guy she is with? You think it's her boyfriend?"

"Ahh, nice idea, make her chose between saving them and joining my team, she is sure to join them, there is no way that she would risk one of their lives."

"She will-" he coughs a little then whispers, "outsmart you bastards."

Jackson. She instantly thinks. Dominic. Boyfriend? Ha, that will never happen. Focus! You need to think of a plan, they want to know what you are. You know they have been following you which is why you have been extra careful, you don't want to show them too much. Without even thinking of a plan she walked into the room.

"I advise you leave my brother alone." Sapphire's voice echoed through the room.

The demon spun around and looks at her, stunned, after not even hearing her come in, not even sensing her, then he composed himself. "I will leave your brother alone. When you tell me what I want to know?" The demon stated, folding his arms grinning at her.

"What is it you would like to know exactly?" Sapphire questioned with her arms folded too, she was analysing him, finding his strength and his weaknesses, his strength was a very big strength but he had a very large weakness too.

"I want to know what you are. I mean I assumed you would have told you, brother, then I realised you didn't tell him because you think he will probably hate you possibly even kill you," he answered grinning down at her unconscious brother. Damn it I never should have called him in, I should have just dealt with all by myself least he would be safe right now. the demons wouldn't have known about us being a family if I didn't call him. Sapphire was thinking to herself when the demon seemed to grow impatient. "So, are you by any chance going to tell me what you are, or do I have to hit him again?"

Sapphire stares at the demon, sensing his powers, seeing that he has the ability of healing so she uses what she knows against him as she answers, "No but what you can do is untie him, give him some water and heal him."