:Chapter 21:

:Isabella:

I gave Dalton a dull look as we stood in a library going through some records. I had made a quick stop to a small hunters place to get some info. 'It was like a shack.' 'Wasn't that bad.' 'Yes it was.' I sighed as I looked at the file of an encounter. I wanted to find eyewitnesses to go to. I had a plan after that. We'd need descriptions and I was beginning to wish I had brought Nico.

This trip was defiantly not fun. After this I am defiantly not coming back here and not going to Harvard going to NYU. This town brought way to many bad memories back to me. 'Eventually you'd have to confront them.' I sighed again but Dalton poked his head up. "I found something." Dalton said giving me a small grin.

"So rogue packs are very rare. Most rogues tend to be aggressive towards each other unless they have a common goal. Do you know any of these people?" Dalton asked showing me a file. "Names sound familiar." I said looking at the files. There were either young or parent age heading towards their late fifties. "We should look into them." Dalton said.

"Yes lets show up and ask them about rogues." I told him sarcastically. "We did not plan this through." Dalton said as he looked at a record. "Nope." I said popping the P. 'Think so?' Dalton then put the files together. "I may have a plan but it involves a more supernatural side." Dalton said. I grinned and leaned in.

"What's the plan?" I asked. "So I got the rogues scent down. It's in the woods. I thought maybe I could track down their scents and see what I find." Dalton said. I thought it over. "If we find a trail it's a start." Dalton said gazing at me. 'Put in some of your sense.' "Ok well that's good. If we find what we are looking for we leave back for New York in five days top." I told him.

I really didn't want to be here but it was a large place where the rogues attacked. We had to find the motive on why the rogues attacked. I had believed that my parents might of done something to piss them off. It wouldn't shock me my parents were hunters after all. Ryne, Enyr and I were the only ones that survived that massacre.

"Ok. We should go start right now while the trail is still fresh. They are predicting rain and rain will wash away the scent." Dalton said as he handed me the files. I stored them in the bag that I had brought along just for this occasion. 'You and I both know you'll skim it later on.' 'Maybe I'll send pictures to Nico and see what he thinks.'

Nico. Damn I missed that sweet wolf that claimed he was my protector. I missed them all right down to my overbearing brothers. I hoped Alana wouldn't give birth anytime soon. I wanted to be there for it, Alana even said I would be on the list if anything happened to them. So I wasn't the best with babies and I swear Isaac is antagonizing me.

I haven't told any of the Ashfords that their son is the vessel to death. I'm not sure when I will but I want to figure him out first. He wasn't suppose to be able to have any sort of power. I didn't get my flames until I let Satan in. I began to wonder if Death knew about Isaac. I hope he didn't. The last the Ashfords needed was the angel of death in their babies body every time a soul dies.

But it sorta confuses me. Death can be in the human world for only minutes and that was to collect a soul. If he tried to stay longer it pained him. 'I remember when Death was paralyzed once.' I remember that clearly.

Death went to go collect a young girls soul. Death was sorta the in between demons and angels. The girl had been beat, molested before the drunk guy killed her. Death sorta had a vengeance believing the girl had her life cut early so he killed him and got the backlash from it.

Dalton and I packed up before exiting and heading out to the car. "I really hope we find a trail and a clue. I honestly want to go back to New York." I told him. "Did you know they opened up a cookie dough café. You eat it raw." Dalton told me. My stomach rumbled at the thought. "We are stopping there before heading to Greenburg." I told Dalton as we got into his Mustang to head back to the hotel.
****************
I put the last thing of ammo inside my denim jacket before taking my scent numbing gummy. 'I feel like we are at disadvantage.' I looked down at Dalton who was in wolf form currently scratching behind his ear. Werewolves loved to be all scary but they could do dog like things. I had gone for a run with Ash once and I scratched a spot between his chest and he began kicking his leg similar to a dog.

I teased Dalton endlessly on it. But don't underestimate a werewolf. That would be your last mistake. They may seem cute but they can be deadly when rogue or provoked. I had encountered a provoked werewolf once. It wasn't the werewolf's fault.

I was out doing a rogue job with some noob hunter. He pulled a gun on a female wolf and shot her in the leg. He happened to do it just as her mate walked in. Took a couple werewolves to get him off. That hunter quit the organization but disappeared after. 'Ha, disappeared.' Only hunter born into hunting can stop hunting. Or if they do stop hunting it has to be a logical reason. The organization much less the supernatural world can't risk exposure.

No one knows what would happen. Maybe the humans would be calm but there was chance they'd attack. It'd be war and it'd be obvious who would win. The supernatural were more advanced and treated better then humans. I'd like to say The Organization would side with the humans but they wouldn't. 'You know you would side with the supernatural over the humans any day.' That was true.

To be correct the only non supernatural I really interact with would be Victor occasionally then Lucas. I had werewolf friends, a witch bestie, and Lycan brothers. Dalton let out a small yip to gain my attention. I rolled my eyes before adjusting my pants and storing my pistols. "Lets find us some rogues." I told Dalton with a grin.

1121. So if you didn't read my message I will explain to you the late update. One writers block and two vacation. I really can't right this book except at the table on my laptop. But I am starting to smash that evil block. Hopefully book 7 won't have this since I have that planned out. I plan on this book to finish by late April early May. Since book 7 involves prom. Until next time prom marshmallows.