:Chapter 40:

:Dalton:

I was at the pack doctors place in the pack house. The pack doctor David was there for the wounds from the battle. Isabella had decided to stick around with me. 'She cares for us. It's a step towards her becoming our girlfriend.' Ash was happy because of that. I didn't remember much except tracking down the rogue.

"Well the bullet wound wasn't too bad. No stitches required you should heal up in a few days but do bandage it." David said offering a smile before walking out. "Did you defeat the rogue?" I asked Isabella. "I put a bullet in between that son of a bitches eyes." Isabella said her voice dark. I nodded. "Any casualties?" I asked. "Lots of rogues. But Dalton there was one from our side. You know the pack rogue doctor. He participated and the rogues killed him for betraying them. I'm sorry I knew you thought of redeeming him." Isabella said.

She gave me a sympathetic smile. "Did he take any rogues down?" I asked. "He took down a group and his killer but his killer shot him as he died." Isabella said. 'He died an honorable death. He died fighting.' I nodded at that. He would be remembered as a hero.

"Anyone injured?" I asked. "Yeah. A few warriors have some bullet wounds. Lucas has some bite wounds as well as Derik. Ryne and Enyr got scoffed up but nothing serious." Isabella said offering a smile. "And you?" I asked her. "Took some kicks and punches but the one who did it is dead." Isabella did. 'Bastard deserved it.' "So what exactly happened?" I asked. Isabella sighed. "The rogue who killed my parents shot you with a toxin that knocked you out. Fifteen minutes of it would of killed you so I fought him." Isabella started.

"We fought furiously. I had enough and went off of him and then shot him. Orchid came in and helped find the antidote. I shot it into you since it the toxin itself had been shot into you." Isabella explained pushing hair out of her face. I nodded. "Why'd he do it?" I asked.

"To get to me. He thought my brothers would be dead. He planned to hand me over to someone who had it out for me. He said he might even hand you over with me." Isabella explained. I nodded. 'I can't believe that bastard tried to kill us to get at Isabella. That is the ultimate low. He should be happy Isabella killed him because I would of torn his ass apart. Just thinking about it makes me angry.' 'Then don't think about it.' Ash grumbled but kept quiet as we watched Isabella. She seemed distant and sad.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." I told her. "It's fine. I'm used to it. It just got a little personal." Isabella mumbled. I didn't even need Ash's advise. I leaned forward and hugged her. There were small sparks from how fast I had hugged her and Isabella hissed.

I smiled as she sat there before hugging me back. "I guess you make a nice friend." Isabella murmured. 'One day it shall be more than friend, more than best friend!' Ash just had that planned out. He was very planned for our future with Isabella. He was very determined that we would be in a relationship one day.

I wanted to be her boyfriend one day. A day where she would kiss me because she desired to kiss me. A day where she would love me as I loved her. But I had to have patience because it would not happen overnight. She was warming up to me and that was more than enough. "It's good you finally noticed." I told her resting my head on her shoulder. Her neck was very close and I eyed her collarbone. The place where werewolves marked their mates. Marks looked different, some scared in shapes some just scarred.

'I wonder what Isabella's will look like.' I rolled my eyes at Ash. But smiled. Isabella pushed me off of her. "I have to go. But I'll see you tomorrow. You'll be at your house tomorrow right?" Isabella asked. "I don't have to stay here overnight." I told her.

Isabella bit her lip and nodded before waving bye to me. "Bye Dalton." Isabella said before walking out of the room. The air wasn't as tense with the rogue threat eliminated. I wonder how long we will have without a threat before something else gets thrown at us. But we would be prepared this time. We would.
********************
I had gone home a few hours ago and my Mom had been cooking dinner. We were having spaghetti with garlic and clams. A big dinner as a sorta toast to the victory over the rogues. Isaac was in his high-chair. His dark brown eyes wondered the kitchen looking interested.

His eyes were such a mystery. None of our relatives had brown eyes but here Isaac was with dark brown eyes almost black. 'It looks nice on him at least.' That it did. Isaac was trying our food as long as it was soft until he got the rest of his teeth in. He still got baby food here and there.

Isaac ate cereal for breakfast like us and sometimes pancakes. My mom came back holding the huge pot and began serving everyone including Isaac who instantly began to shovel the food into his mouth via hand even though he had utensils.

My Mom sat down and motioned for everyone to start eating. It was how it worked. My Mom was the alpha of the house. You didn't eat until she said so unless you were Isaac who was a baby and didn't even know he was a werewolf.

He'd know when he was old enough to understand it. We all grew up knowing what we were. 'It is just the way of life.' That it was. "What happened to your leg?" My Mom asked staring at me. "Isabella shot me." I stated very casually.

"Isabella did what?" My Mother asked her tone angry. Oh shit. 'You didn't exactly phrase it right.' "I got poisoned and to stop the poison she dipped the antidote in her bullet and shot me since I was shot with a crossbow." I told her pulling up my shirt showing the bolt wound.

"She couldn't make you drink it?" My Mom asked. "Had to go in the same way and Isabella didn't have a crossbow available. It's fine, David said it'd heal in a couple days and Isabella apologized for having to do it." I told my Mom. She nodded but still seemed on edge.

Andrew smirked at me. 'He's taunting you.' Nico was focused on engulfing his food as was Angel. Well Angel was playing with it and eating it. Angel had a nice gash on her cheek that had scabbed over. It might scar. Who knows. I have a scar on my eyebrow.

We continued to eat with my Dad telling my Mom about the fight. Alex seemed to be clinging to every detail since he hadn't fought. Alex was an early shifter so his wolf form was very small since he was only nine. Noah was a late shifter. Most shifting happened around twelve or when you hit puberty.

Everyone continued to talk having put the rogues behind us. They weren't a threat anymore so we could finally relax some.

Finally.

1226. Oh me gosh. Only two more chapters left then boom book 7 starts. This book will be done very soon. Very soon. Until next time chaptered marshmallows.