:Chapter 38:

:Dalton:

My paws pounded against the ground as I took the lead. Behind me was a nice section of the pack. Isabella's message sent panic to me and I didn't hesitate to tell them. Five hunters against a pack of wolves wouldn't be good. 'There could be some casualties if we don't help.' That there could be.

It'd be weird without all the hunters around. If Isabella's brothers died Isabella would probably go batshit crazy. If Lucas died hell would revolt. If Derik died Red Claws might repay a visit of revenge despite him not being part of the pack. 'It'd be a bloodbath.' And if Isabella died there'd be a hell revolt and a pissed off pack.

Angel and Nico weren't far behind me, those two being one of the more faster wolves. But I was determined to get to that building before shit went down. Andrew was along as well as Orchid but Orchid I'm pretty sure flew a broomstick there. Or something of that sort. 'I'm just hoping that I haven't started the fight yet.' 'Me too.' 'I wouldn't want to miss out on any fun.' 'Seriously?' 'Or anyone get hurt.' I sighed as the section of my pack continued to run through the woods.

Well not everyone came with. The mothers were at home with their children in case any rogues strayed and tried to attack. But we had a group of scouts, a group of maybe fifteen to twenty warriors. My pack was sorta large but not in thousands and never would be. That was overpopulation if you had in the thousands.

'Its also when challenging comes in and starvation.' I continued to pound through the woods as we stayed silent with no howls. We didn't want to alert the rogues. It was better to take them by silence then alert them.

Soon the stone building had come into view and I halted near the woods. The door was open and two guards with rifles stood there. We couldn't just barge in they could shoot us. I growled at the wolves making them stay in place. I had pulled my scent into my body.

Most of the alpha blood has. Alana wasn't here but Kadan was here since Alana insisted he fight. But Alana was at Kadan's house with him Mom, Whitney. 'Nothing will be getting through that she-wolf. Especially with her unborn granddaughter around.' That was true, Whitney could be nasty when it came to family.

My mom was at home for Alex and Isaac. But the rest of us were here even Max and Noah. Noah was a late shifter but he had come to fight. He would always be there to back up the pack. The only ones who weren't here were Rory and Rodney since they were a few hours away.

I watched the rogues as they walked around the shotguns in their hands. I heard a slight rustle in the trees and looked up. I watched as blonde haired figure leaped to another tree. The rogues snapped their head over there.

'This is about to go down.' "W-Who is out there?" One of the rogues asked. I backed up so they wouldn't see me. Another figure leaped to a tree and I caught red hair. One of the rogues fired a shot and they dodged it. The air was silent.

Just as the rogues got ready to fire other shots a whiz echoed the air as two crossbow bolts found homes in the rogues neck. The rogues collapsed the shotguns falling off. I watched as Ryne, Enyr, Lucas, Derik and Isabella climbed out of the trees and hit the ground.

Like usual they were in hunting clothing with numerous weapons. I saw a foggy figure near Isabella. Isabella glanced over to where my pack was hidden. "Come on. I'm not waiting any longer. I'm gonna find that bastard who killed our parents." Isabella said keeping a hand on her pistol at her side.

'Wow. They are very serious about this.' Ryne and Enyr nodded in agreement and Derik led them into the building with Lucas at the end. I looked at my pack and nodded before trotting after them into the building. I knew they wouldn't use much guns, well I hope they wouldn't.

But if they did we had hunters on our side to counter them. 'That we do.' I watched as the hunters walked down the hallway. A few rogues were there and they took them out with daggers. My pack broke up into groups and traveled down the building. There were warriors and scouts in each group also with a member with alpha blood. I followed after the hunters and pushed myself between Derik and Isabella. Isabella looked down at me and she scratched my head as she sheathed her dagger in her boot with a small smile on her face.

I sniffed the air and the stale scent entered my nose and I hurried forward. A lone rogue was there getting a gun out. Before he could whirl around and fire I pounced on him and snapped his neck. 'Well that was quite the show. Well at least we are getting stronger.'

That we were.

Isabella rounded the corner and looked at the gun in the rogues hand. She disarmed the dead rogue and kept the gun. It had a silencer on it making Isabella smirked at the gun before whistling for me to follow her. Derik, Lucas, Ryne, and Enyr were following after us. Now all weapons were armed.

I hoped my pack was doing ok. A loud alarm went blaring through the building and all of us winced. Yup my pack was doing good, they must of really kicked some ass. Howls echoed through the building both rogue and my pack. I tipped my head back and howled after them and heard the rest of my family howl. 'A way to reassure them.' Isabella put the gun behind her and took out her pistols and took off running down the hallway. They all followed her so I kept up with them.

I was prepared to take out any sort of threat that they didn't see. We rounded a corner to see a rogue running from Nico and Angel. Angel was snarling as the two chased the rogue. A rogue with a rifle came and Isabella double tapped his chest and rounded the corner.

'Isabella is so graceful.' I ignored that as I saw a rogue wolf creeping up on them. I took off after the rogue and we collided with each other. I used some of my alpha strength and slammed my body weight into him to get him down on the ground.

I got some scratches but tore out the rogue's throat and chased after the hunters licking my lips. Lucas shot down a rogue and Derik blew a head off as I ran past them. Isabella was in the lead her pistols at her side. I caught up to her and looked at her.

Isabella halted when we reached a small place with no rogues. 'I wonder what she is going to do or thinking.' "Dalton I got something of the rogues. Can you track it?" Isabella asked taking out a piece of bloody clothes. It looked old but I leaned forward and sniffed it.

The scent was old and fading but still there along with the metallic scent of blood. But I could smell the stale scent on it. I nodded at her. "You going after him?" Ryne asked. Isabella nodded. "What do you want us to do?" Derik asked staring at Isabella.

"Help you Dalton's pack. Some rogues got guns. Try to take those rogues down specifically and hide the weapons or take their weapons." Isabella said staring at Derik. "You heard her. Lets go." Derik said cocking his shotgun back. Ryne hugged Isabella and whispered something to her. "I will." Isabella murmured.

Ryne smiled at her as did Enyr. "Make it painful." Enyr told her before catching up to Lucas. Isabella looked at me. 'I want to know what they are talking about. When this is over we shall ask her what they were talking about.' "Come on Dalton. We got a rogue to find." Isabella said.

With that I sniffed the air and moved forward having found the scent.

1367. AH! So another chapter. Might even be a two chapter update. But I got some inspiration right now for this book. I am determined to finish this book this week. I shall do it. Until next time nuclear marshmallows.