:Chapter 23:

:Isabella:

I brought the wet cloth down the bloody dagger before turning to Dalton. Water dripped form his hair from the shower he had taken after the rogues. 'You know you imagined all that water dripping down his glorious chest.' I rolled my eyes mentally at Satan. Was not. "You know I am beginning to believe that the rogues have it out for me." I told Dalton.

Dalton looked over at me. "I wouldn't of guessed." Dalton teased a small smile on his face. I rolled my eyes at him before stretching. "So closer to going back?" I asked Dalton. "Depends on if the rogues have been here or followed you here. It's obvious they don't like you or are working for a person who doesn't like you. Do you have any people that don't like you?" Dalton asked. 'Oh what he doesn't know.'

I gave him a dull look. "I'm a hunter. An executer hunter lots of people don't like me." I told Dalton. Dalton sighed. "Well that leaves us to if they have been here or followed us. We can do this tomorrow. We can go somewhere since you cooperated well." Dalton said. I perked up at that. We had been here for two days and really hadn't done anything. Now here was Dalton offering to something.

I began to wonder what we could do. This was a small town with not a lot to do.

"What are we going to do?" I asked. 'Take it to the bed, fill the room wit-' I cut the connection with Satan not wanting to hear that. "Well there is a restaurant around here. Maybe a movie. What do you want to do?" Dalton asked. I thought about it and was about to say Chills, but remembered we weren't in New York.

"Lets look for an ice cream place." I told Dalton who let out a small smile. Dalton pulled out his iPhone six before he began going through it. He went no doubt on the safari. "Well you are in luck. There is a very small ice cream parlor around here." Dalton said offering a smile. "Now go get dressed since you got blood on your shirt then meet me at your car." Dalton said.

I didn't argue. Usually I could pass it off as red paint since I was an artist but you could smell the metallic scent. I might take a quick shower too, or use some of that body spray Orchid gave me a long time ago. I walked into the room and headed towards the dresser.
****************
I finished brushing my hair then looked at myself in the mirror. The outfit I had picked was casual in my opinion. I had on black leather pants, a shirt with a wolf on it, a plaid shirt then my denim jacket and my knee high combat boots. 'Fierce but not overdone.' I smiled at that. I grabbed my new iPhone. I had gotten a bonus and decided to upgrade from my smashed iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5. Took forever but I did it.

I had cheap service though and went for discounts. At Walmart they did a two hundred dollar sale and I struck for that. Then I realized that it wasn't unlimited date like Dalton had but only 4 gigabits of data. So I stole Dalton's phone the car ride here. After getting my phone I hoped that Dalton was paying for the ice cream. 'He probably is. That's what a real gentlemen do.' 'What do you know about gentlemen, slugs can be more gentlemen then you.'

Satan made a sound of mock hurt before his presence dispersed but not without a chuckle. I went out of the suite but not without a dagger hidden inside my boot. I never left without a weapon that was a rookie mistake that could get you killed. 'But you can use my flames.' 'More comfortable with the dagger.' 'One day I'm gonna have someone help you with that.' I rolled my eyes before I headed out.

Like he said, Dalton was leaned against my mustang on his phone. I pushed aside my hair before going down the stairs and to my car. "So do you it's a small ice cream parlor or big one?" I asked Dalton as I got to the car. We got in and Dalton started up the car. "Probably a medium sized parlor." Dalton said as he pulled out of the parking lot. "I hope they at least got some good ice cream." I said.

It took about twenty minutes to get to the ice cream parlor and we stared at it perplexed. "Small parlor." I stated as Dalton led us in. Despite it being small it still had a wide section of ice cream. A older woman stood at the counter and most of the parlor was bare except for two cops with a bowl of ice cream. 'I thought cops did donuts.' 'They do a lot of things.'

Dalton walked up the counter with me in tow. The woman put on a smile. "How may I help you?" She asked offering a smile on her wrinkled face. "Ice cream for two. I'll have the strawberry with the syrup streaks in a cone." Dalton said. In total they had thirty one flavors. Eight flavors in each except the last which had a whole bunch of spoons. 'I'd take all of it if I could.' "And you miss?" The elderly woman asked.

I looked at the ice cream. "Mint chocolate chip in a cone." I told her. The lady scooped out our ice creams and handed us it. "Seven dollars and fifty two cents." The lady said. It wasn't too bad as some ice cream parlors. Dalton handed her a ten dollar bills. The lady put the money in the cash register before taking the change. "Change is two dollars and forty eight cents." She said handing Dalton the change.

Dalton and I went two a two seat table that had those high stools. Despite being small it had a very nice interior. The colors were light blue and white. 'Looks nice at least.' I went over and sat down before licking my ice cream. Dalton smiled as he got up and took a chunk out of his ice cream. I shivered. I usually licked my ice cream and sucked on it until it was gone. Biting into it made my body cold and teeth sometimes hurt.

"So some ice cream came out of this trip." Dalton said with a laugh. His laugh had been deep similar to his voice. His voice was deep but not scary deep but not high pitched. "Next will be cookie dough." I told him with a smirk. Dalton shook his head. It made my smirk even wider. "I'm gonna look more into the victims." Dalton said. I nodded.

"There will eventually be a connection somewhere and I plan to find it." Dalton said. I nodded. I would look into it too. I was a hunter after all.

1164. Cliffhanger. So I am trying to catch up. I know who the main antagonist is besides you know The First. Its going to kill you guys when you find out. Until next time ice cream covered marshmallows.