:Chapter 34:

:Dalton:

I was sitting at the dining table when my phone went off. I looked at it and my phone read in bold letters Kadan. I closed my notebook and answered the phone. 'I wonder we he wants. Maybe Alana wants to do something and he wants to drag us along.'

"Hello." "Yeah Dalton we got a slight problem." "What? Rogues?" "Sorta I think. Yeah Isabella is on her porch laying down not moving. I mean she's alive but I went near her and she kicked me." "What happened?" "I don't know. I heard her pull in and get out then Randal and I felt a wave of rage and sadness before the clunking and crying. She's in a ball and her brothers can't even get her out of it. Not to mention Derik and Lucas aren't here." "Yeah I'll be right there."

With that I hung up my phone and was out the door taking my clothes off. There was a shortcut in the woods to her house which would be quicker. 'Hurry up!' As soon as the shift rippled through my skin I hit the ground and gathered my clothes in my mouth and took off running towards Isabella's house.

My paws dug up the hard soil spreading it everywhere. I leaped over a log and my van hit me making me growl. 'You brought the shoes along.' 'You want to go barefoot or even naked in front of Isabella's brothers?' 'Nope.' I continued to pound through the woods and soon Isabella's house had come into my sight. I froze however as a stale scent entered my nose. Rogue. There was a rogue around here.

I stepped forward and released a warning howl. No response so I assumed I might of scared it off. That was my mistake. As I went forward a rogue hurled itself at me and we went clashing to the ground in a whirlwind of fangs and claws. I snarled as I took a chunk out of its shoulder. 'Kill the damn bastard.' I lunged at the rogue after we separated and caught him by his throat.

The rogue struggled and got me good with his claws. He was newly turned rogue no doubt about that. He was still healthy. Most rogues were thin and hungry from the lack of food. But I was still healthier then this rogue who was beginning to decline. I glanced over to see Kadan.

'Look out!' In that moment of looking away the rogue lunged at me and caught me by the throat. I fought furiously at the rogue snapping but he caught me off guard. I got some chunks of hair as he rounded for the kill shot. I snarled at him just as he went for it but a loud shotgun noise sounded through the air and the rogue fell on top of me lifeless. I looked over to see Derik with his shotgun aimed along with Lucas who was walking around with his crossbow. I let go of my clothes and pushed the dead body off of me.

I stood up and looked at them. Derik lowered his shotgun. 'What do you think the rogues did to get Isabella that upset?' 'I don't know but we are going to find out.' I shifted back into human form and got my clothes on as Lucas came back.

Kadan motioned for me to follow him just as I finished up lacing my shoes. I took off after him and to Isabella's house with Derik and Lucas following behind us. When we arrived I watched the scene quietly having been able to sense the emotions.

Isabella was in a ball clutching something with Enyr sitting next to her poking her. Ryne was sitting in the swing. 'What the hell did they do to her?' Ash was mad and wanted to know why his mate was in this state. Isabella's hair covered her face hiding any trace of anything. But I could smell the trace of salt from her tears. That pissed Ash off even more. 'I'm gonna storm into that god damn building and rip all their heads off! Then bring Isabella something of theirs.' Yeah Ash was pissed.

Derik sighed upon seeing her and Lucas shoved by actually. "She's not gonna respond. Mentally she isn't here." Lucas said as he got down with the unresponsive Isabella. "What do you mean by that?" Kadan and I asked at once. I saw Alana in a chair. So Isabella had quite the audience.