» 01 «

» Please don't forget to comment and vote as it always makes my day and if you like the story so far, be sure to share it with your friends. «

••

The thing that caught Gunner's attention was the scarf on her head. It had blue and black polka dots on it and she was fiddling with one of the ends, subconsciously.

She sat down on a table near his and pulled out a book from her bag.

The fiddling stopped and she leaned down as she started to read.

He watched her as her forehead creased slightly after a while and he wondered what tragedy was taking place within the pages for her to look so concerned.

Someone yelled from the back of the school cafeteria and his eyes traveled to the back for a glimpse. It was Ryan, being his normal obnoxious self as he stood over a couple of freshmen, no doubt bullying them to feed his already enlarged ego.

Gunner shook his head as his eyes went back to the girl with the headscarf. She hadn't looked up from her book.

She was probably the only one sitting all by herself in the cafeteria but he could tell that she wasn't lonely.

With the distance between them and her head low, it was difficult to see her features clearly.

Then, she straightened up and glanced around her quickly, as if she had done something wrong and was afraid being caught.

Her hazel eyes found him after a second and she caught him, staring at her. A slight pink tinted her cheeks and she looked away, as she bit her lower lip, visibly embarrassed. When she dared to glance back at him and found him still looking at her, her fiddling started up again.

She closed her book and stood up, holding it to her chest and half ran out of the cafeteria.

He smiled and couldn't help but think that she was adorable.