» 74 «

» Tell me the story's not being a drag or repetitive or boring in anyway «

••

She didn't know what to say if he did answer or how to feel if he didn't. She wasn't really expecting him to answer so she almost hung up when he picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hello?"

His voice was thick with sleep but he seemed alert enough to talk. Her eyes teared up so fast. Why was she doing this? This wasn't what she was supposed to be doing.

"Lamees?"

She put a hand over her mouth to muffle her sobs. It felt so good to hear him again. Her heart gave a little jolt when he said her name. In that moment, she realized that she couldn't stay away from him.

"I missed you," she croaked out as she hiccuped with tears running down her face.

"Lamees, are you crying? What's wrong?"

"I just told you what's wrong," she replied, sniffing, "I missed you."

"My God, please don't cry." His thick voice wavered visibly. "You're gonna make me cry. You have no idea how difficult it's been to ignore you."

"I do. I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I don't even know. I don't know why I called you tonight, I don't know. I don't know what to do anymore."

There was silence on the other end for a while before Gunner asked, "Can I talk to you tomorrow? At school?"

"...Yes."