» 08 «

» Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far and I hope these mini author's notes aren't annoying. Let me know if they are. 🙈 «

••

"What's your favorite book?"

"Pretty sure you haven't read it," she replied coolly, her eyes moving across various book titles.

"I might've."

She looked him up and down and shook her head slowly, smiling. "You haven't."

Gunner had never really been too fond of books, it's not like he was an imbecile who couldn't get past the first page but he enjoyed doing more outdoorsy stuff. Something that kept him on his feet instead of being in one place. But now, he wished that he read more. Maybe it was to prove a point to this girl and to prove her wrong for judging him the way she just had.

"La section française est sur votre gauche, d'ailleurs."

He frowned at what she'd just said. "Huh?"

"I said, the French section is on your left."

He was silent for a moment. "Uh, how did you...?"

"I heard you asking the librarian." She shrugged. "He's really not helpful at all."

"Yeah. Um, thanks then." He scratched his head, taking a step in the direction she had pointed.

"Vous avez vraiment besoin de travailler sur votre français."
[You really need to work on your French.]

He rolled his eyes. "Come on, now you're just showing off."

She gave him a cheeky grin.