» 29 «

» Thank you guys so much for sending your covers to me, I loved them all and I'll be showcasing them here in my book very soon. «

••

"Does that happen often?"

She didn't look away from the bookshelf at his question and her face remained unreadable. Gunner didn't like it when she closed herself up like this.

"Lamees?" He tried again.

She blinked and her hand twitched. Finally, some sort of a reaction.

"Does this kind of thing happen to you a lot?"

He dreaded knowing her answer but at the same time, couldn't ignore the question either. Maybe this was one of the few reasons why she preferred books rather than people.

People are careless with words while within the pages, every word is masterfully executed and for a reason too.

She sighed softly, her shoulders slouching. "Not often but..." She paused. "I'm afraid it's going to get to that stage..."

She looked down from the shelves and Gunner walked up behind her. She looked so vulnerable in that moment that he just wanted to hold her.

"It won't," he whispered fiercely. Lamees turned around and her cheeks warmed up at the sight of him standing so close to her. She avoided looking directly into his eyes and instead transfixed her gaze onto his jaw. Her eyes travelled up to his lips and her heart started going mad.

He saw where she was staring and inching closer to her slowly, only for her to take a small step back.

"Um, I-I have to..." She mumbled and Gunner stared at her rosy lips as they moved.

"Bye," she said, taking a deep breath and literally ran away.

He stood there for several seconds, rooted to the spot. His lips ached for hers.