» 20 «

» What's your most recent obsession? Mine has been bullet and art journaling. There's so many pretty and inspiring accounts on Instagram, I might end up taking up art journaling too. Would you guys like to see that? «

••

He wanted to return it but he didn't see Lamees for the rest of the day. He decided to give it to her when they would have literature class again, two days later.

It was several hours later when he was at home that his curiosity got the best of him. He was just going to check what the notebook contained. If it was a personal diary, he wouldn't read it but it could also be some notes she took in class.

He hoped it wasn't the latter and then felt guilty for wishing that it was indeed something personal.

He opened it and saw the first page contained drawings of flowers in mason jars. The drawings were all done with a black pen and there was a name in the middle of the page.

Lamees Adeel.

Her calligraphy was beautiful and Gunner turned over the page, wanting to see more. Next he saw some Polaroid pictures of flowers glued on to the page. There were lots of pictures of daisies and Gunner had no doubt that those were Lamees's favorite kind of flowers. There were at least a dozen pictures on a single page and the whole thing didn't look very neat. But at the same time, it was mesmerizing. Like a beautiful mess.

The next page contained images of the beach and there was an illustration of a wave on the corner of the page. In the midst of all these sunny photos, there was a printed quote that said: Saltwater cures all wounds.

Gunner then realized that this wasn't Lamees's diary. It was her art journal.