» 73 «

» I'm sorry for my disappearance. 😭 I feel ashamed but I was going through my mid terms and a rough patch in life but that's still no excuse for disappearing like that. I'm truly sorry «

••

In the days that passed, it became more difficult to avoid Gunner and whenever Lamees would run into him accidentally in one of the corridors or the cafeteria, they'd just awkwardly smile and shuffle away in opposite directions, before either of them said anything.

It broke her heart every time their eyes met in class and he'd look away, careful not to look her way again. She loved him in her heart for being so cooperative and understanding - even though sometimes, she wished that he wasn't.

She hadn't heard his voice in over a week and the one time that she had was in the cafeteria once, when he'd laughed with his group of friends.

Her parents, on the other hand, seemed to be back to normal but Lamees knew that they were keeping a close eye on her. Her dad was still quieter with her than usual but they never brought the subject back up again, as if they were hoping that whatever happened could be forgotten if it wasn't mentioned.

She started feeling left out at school and at home as well and at times, it was so bad that she couldn't even concentrate enough to read or draw. Her mind didn't seem to focus and she became restless.

She started doing this weird thing where she'd stare at Gunner's phone number and wonder what was the worst thing that could happen if she pressed the dial button. She didn't.

Then, one night when she couldn't sleep and it had been a full ten days since she'd stopped talking to him, she found herself dialing his number at two a.m. She'd had it memorized by heart at this point.