» 12 «

» I know most of you are already shipping them. Do we have an official ship name yet, guys? «

••

She covered her face with her hand not because it hurt but also because Gunner was beside her and staring down at her with concern. She wished she could just rewind the last few minutes and not step out of the school building at all in order to avoid this.

"Lamees, are you okay?" He sounded as worried as he had looked. "Lamees?"

Even in the pain, she felt a jolt go through her because of the way he said her name. It wasn't like he was pronouncing it wrong but it felt different when he said it.

She tried to sit up, her hand still on her face but groaned because her back ached. Gunner must've noticed that because in the next second, she felt his arm wrap around her waist as he helped her to sit up.

Lamees knew that she was blushing and she was very aware of his warm touch on her back. This shouldn't be happening. Her religion prevented her to touch or be touched by the opposite sèx. She tried moving forward a little in order to avoid his touch but her back still hurt so she had no choice but to lean against him.

"Come on, I'll take you to the nurse's office," he said, his voice gentle.

He held her hand and she let him help her up. She winced when she was on her feet and Gunner leaned in closer to make sure she didn't fall. His arm was still around her back, his hand resting on her waist and gripping her ever so slightly.

Lamees didn't make eye contact with him as she continued to stare at their shoes. She knew he was watching her from the corner of his eye and embarrassment flooded her. Everyone must've seen her fall and the ones who hadn't been there to witness it, were probably being told about it right now.