» 36 «

» I'm blessing y'all, I know you'll thank me for this later. 😏 «

••

She literally jumped up from her seat when she saw him. "W-What're you... What?"

He was still staring at her with that little smile on his face, with his head still resting on the table. She blushed and looked away from him, wondering how couldn't she have heard him beside her earlier. "What?"

"I always seem to be startling you or surprising you, don't I?" He said, finally lifting his head and running a hand through his dark hair.

She folded her arms. "Yes." Then after a pause, she added, "If you had any sense of personal boundaries, I wouldn't be so jumpy."

He was quiet for a while, surprised at her response before chuckling. "You got me. I'm a bit lagging in that area so you might have to help me," he said, standing up and walking towards her. Lamees frowned and took a cautious step back as he got closer.

He continued to walk towards her, all the while never once looking away from her. When Lamees took another step back, her back hit the bookshelf behind her and she realized that she was trapped between the shelf and Gunner who was closing in on her.

"How about this?" He asked, standing only inches away from her. "Is this much distance acceptable or would you say that it's invading your personal bubble?"

Her breath hitched and she found no voice to speak. He took another step and she bumped into the shelf behind her once again. She could feel his hot breath on her face as he leaned down to look directly into her eyes. "Lamees," he whispered, his voice caused her to shiver and she blinked and looked away.

"Lamees, is this acceptable?"

Her cheeks were on fire and she shook her head numbly.

"Do you want this?"

She gasped, as her heart throbbed louder and louder, knowing that she shouldn't want this. But...