» 53 «

» You guys remember Jefferey, don't ya? The one who managed to piss off most of you all at the beginning of the book. Well, ladies and gents, you better welcome him back «

••

Gunner was making his way towards his car in the school's parking lot when someone put an arm around his shoulder.

"Gunner, where've you been, man?"

It was Jefferey and Gunner almost sighed out loud at the sight of him. Instead, he nodded towards him and continued walking. "Nowhere," he answered his question. "Just around. What about you?"

"Oh, I won't be going home toady. I'm gettin' laid tonight," he murmured under his breath, and then chuckled a little at the juicy secret that he had revealed to Gunner.

Gunner's eyebrows lifted as he glanced sideways at him. "Wow. That's sudden."

"Yeah, a little," Jefferey admitted. "It's no surprise though, not really. I mean, what would you know?"

He frowned. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Jefferey shrugged, his arm still around Gunner's shoulders. "You're not even around anymore, man. What would you know what's goin' on with your friends if you keep wasting your time with that Muslim bìtch."

Gunner stopped walking and Jefferey stopped too, finally removing his arm. Gunner was glaring at him now, his fists clenched. "Look, man, whatever I do is by my own choice and I didn't ask for your fūcking opinion on this, alright?"

Jefferey raised his hands mockingly, as if threatened by him. "Whoa, easy there. Looks like I touched a nerve."

Gunner's glare didn't waver and Jefferey shook his head. "What's wrong with you, man? You're willing to ditch your friends for that h-?"

"It's a she, Jeff," Gunner said through gritted teeth. "She has a name too so I'd appreciate it if you didn't refer to her as a thing or with insults."

Jefferey stood there for a few seconds and sighed. "Man, you're fūcked."

With that, he turned around and walked away, with his hands in his pockets. Gunner could still make out a few words from his mumbling.

"Hanging out... Muslim hōe... stupid..."

Gunner went back to his car and inserted the key in the ignition. As he drove by Jefferey, he rolled down his window and yelled, "I hope you don't get laid."

He then drove away from a horror struck Jefferey and laughed to himself.