» 05 «

» Don't forget to vote and leave a comment. Also, do you guys have a favorite character yet or is it still too soon? «

••

She was in his literature class.

She was already seated when he walked in and their eyes met for a second. She blinked and looked away as she started fiddling with her scarf.

Even when he took a seat beside her, her hazel eyes stayed glued to her textbook and she kept biting her lip, self consciously.

In just a few seconds though, the teacher walked inside the room and told everyone to quiet down so that she could take attendance.

Gunner kept staring at her from the corner of his eye, wondering what her name was. It'll probably be something that he wouldn't have ever heard of.

The teacher was stuttering over a name. "L-Lamez? Do we have a Lamez Adil?" 

A hand raised up but the head stayed low, as if the person was too embarrassed to even look up. It was her.

"Present," she said, her voice a bit loud and unnatural.

A few people sniggered around her and her hand wavered, as she brought it down slowly.

The teacher nodded, marking her present before moving on to another name.

The fiddling didn't stop.

"Gunner Kane?"

Gunner raised his hand, the same way she had, but his voice was anything but unnatural. He was at ease when he spoke, "Present without will."

Some of the students chuckled and even the teacher gave him a quick, amused smile.

He saw the girl glance up at him, tilting her head and this time, she had a soft smile playing on her lips.