» 37 «

» Guys, have you all nominated The Girl With The Headscarf for thefictionawards 2017 contest? If not, please do so, it'll only take a minute of your time but it'll make me so happy. «

••

"What're you two doing?"

They both turned to find the librarian glaring at them as he pushed his glasses up his nose. Lamees, overcome with shame and embarrassment at being caught like that, pushed Gunner away and ran in the opposite direction, the tears already stinging her eyes at the realization at what could've happened if the librarian hadn't interrupted them. How could she be so senseless? How could she let it get that far?

Her parents would never forgive her if they ever found out. She ran out of the library, nearly crashing into someone on the way out. She didn't know where she was running too but she needed to get far away from him.

She heard him call her just then and she ran faster.

"Lamees! Wait!"

Her legs were aching now but she couldn't stop because she could already hear his footsteps. Soon he would catch up to her. She passed by the girl's bathroom and then paused, only to turn around and run towards it. That was the one place where Gunner couldn't follow her. She pulled open the door and ran inside before Gunner could catch her. "Wait, Lamees!"

The door closed.