» 14 «

» I hope that you're enjoying the story so far. Please don't forget to vote and comment to show your support. «

••

She squirmed in her seat but didn't look up at him. The nurse had given her an icepack to place on her cheek and Lamees sat there, cradling it to her face, staring at the tiled floor.

She didn't have any injuries or serious bruising but the nurse had told her to lie down for a while to rest her back.

Lamees glanced up at Gunner to find him with his arms folded across his chest, as he leaned against the wall. He was still wearing that undershirt and Lamees shuddered involuntarily when she recalled how warm and toned his muscles seemed to be when she had leaned in to him.

Their eyes met and he gave her a swift smile before the nurse came to stand in front of Lamees. "I told you to lie down, sweetie," she said, pointing towards a bed behind a green curtain.

"Okay," she nodded as she stood up gingerly, still a little unsteady on her feet. She moved towards the bed and sat down on the edge.

"And you," the nurse was saying to Gunner, "I'll take care of your girlfriend, just go back to class."

She blushed and looked at Gunner, hoping he'll dissolve the misunderstanding. His eyes slid back to her for a brief second and then fixed on the nurse again. "I'm entrusting her in your hands then."

Lamees's eyes widened. This guy...

And to make matters worse, he looked back to her again and winked before stepping out of the office.