» 28 «

» Guys, do any of you make covers? If so, I'd love it if you designed a cover for The Girl With The Headscarf. I'm curious to see what you all will come up with. Be sure to share your creations with me «

••

Lamees jumped and whirled around swiftly when Gunner gently tugged on one ends of her scarf. He hadn't expected her quick reaction so he took a step back, with his hands raised. "Whoa, easy," he said, smiling.

It was then that he noticed her tense shoulders but her posture visibly relaxed when she saw that it was just him. He frowned. Maybe he was looking too deeply into things. It was probably nothing, he had just startled her.

"Where're you headed?" He asked to which she responded, "Some place you wouldn't like."

"Oh?"

She nodded, looking at the books in her hands. "I'm going to return these."

"Ah, okay. Let me help you with tha-"

"Nice scarf!"

They turned around to find a group of girls standing a few feet away from them. They were all eyeing Lamees and sniggering. When Gunner glanced at her, he saw her jaw clench as her fingers tightened around the books. He silently took the books from her hands and when she looked up at him puzzled, he simply said, "Come on, lets go."

He led her out of the hallway and she followed without a word. He kept glancing back at her, wanting to say something but wasn't sure if that was going to make her feel better. Her head was bowed and he got the feeling that she wanted to be left alone.

He slowed his pace to match her steps.