one

Recap:
"Honolulu, Sir." He nodded.

"Hawaii? Do you mind if I ask why?"

"It's alright. Did you happen to hear about Lieutenant Joshua Tyler?" I cringe a little when I say his name, but the pilot nodded, finally turned around and in the direction of the island I loved at one point in my life. "He was my best friend, I am going back to Hawaii to work on my brother's task force." I thought for a second, but then included this: "I had no other plans for my life, except the NAVY. I was planning to fight until they made me leave, but shit happens, right?"

He nodded with a brief smile on his face,"Indeed it does Ma'am." I chuckle and turn my head to the crisp waters I could see in the distance. "It shouldn't be more than a 6 hour flight, Lieutenant." I nodded my head and sat back for the ride.

Emily McGarrett's POV

I swore to myself that after my father's death, I would never go back to Hawaii. Yet, here I am, on my way to the island of Oahu.

Life has a funny way of kicking you in the ass.

My name is Emily McGarrett and I a-was a Navy SEAL. I was offered a job from my older brother who was also in the Navy, but now has a task force in Hawaii.

The last time I actually spoke to him in person was three years ago, at our father's funeral.

We landed shortly after the pilot's lot prediction. I called a taxi while walking out of the fenced-in runway.

He arrived within 15 minutes, a nice little Asian man with a smile on his face. "Hello Miss. Would you like for me to help you with your things?" I shook my head with a smile.

"I travel light." I gesture towards the two duffles that were on the ground.

"Where to?" He asked after I closed the door.

"Iolani Palace." He gave a large smile.

"Did you know that is where Hawaii's finest is located?" I chuckled. "Five-0. They do so much good work for Hawaii." I nodded in response."So, what brings you there?" Once again, I let out a brief laugh.

"Steven McGarrett. He runs the task force. He is my older brother and he offered me a job." His eyes widened slightly.

"Well it is an honor Ms. McGarrett." I laughed once again.

"I can assure you, I am nothing special." He shook his head.

"Maybe not you, but your actions mean everything to this island." I pondered this the rest of the ride, which turned out to only be a few minutes.

"Mahalo..." I stopped as I realized I didn't know his name.

"Tama."

"Tama." He nods with a smile.

"$12. Ms." I hand him a 20 and quickly get out before he can say anything. "Mahalo!" He shouts out of his window before driving off.

I walk into the large building, almost immediately confronted by security. After receiving instructions from the security guard and reassuring him that I could find my way, I walked into the elevator.