thirty-two

"Do you have a seat for her?" He nods, pulling it out from I don't even know where. I chuckle, unlocking the doors before taking the suitcase and large bag from his hand.

I walk to the other side, placing the two bags behind the drivers' seat. After, I hop into the vehicle, starting the car just as Tony got into the passenger seat.

"So, what brings you to Hawaii?" I ask after pulling out onto the main road. He looks back at Tali, who was coloring in a book.

"I left NCIS." I had just come to a stop at a red light, so I took the time to turn and look at him in shock.

"What?" I ask, turning back to the road.

"We went to Israel and Paris. Hawaii was the next place I thought of." I roll my eyes, knowing that he was avoiding the topic.

"Why did you leave?" He points in the direction of the back seat.

"I had someone to think about other than myself." I smile over at him after placing the car in park. "This is it?" He asks while pointing at Kamekona's truck. I nod, a smirk on my face.

"It may not look like much, but it's the best on the island." He nods in approval. I shut off the car, gesturing to the back seat before speaking. "Do you need the go-bag?"

"Do you mind?" I shake my head, smiling. We get out, him quickly undoing Tali's seatbelt while I grab the bag from the backseat. We walk to the window in silence, Tali taking her place between the two of us.

"Sista! Howzit?" I chuckle at the look I receive from Tony.

"Doing alright, Kamekona. You?" He nods.

"Can't complain." I smile up at him before waving into the truck.

"Nahele! How are you? I haven't seen you around lately." He scratches the back of his head guiltily.

"Sorry, Emily. I've been busy." I nod, a small smile on my face.

"When Steve gets back, we'll have a family dinner." He nods before turning back to the food he was cooking. "Oh, Kamekona, this is Anthony DiNozzo and his daughter, Tali. They're from the mainland." He nods at Tony.

"Nice to meet you, Kamekona." Tony says while looking up at him.

"Same here brah." We order our food before walking to a table with a good view of the ocean.

"Okay, I have a few questions." Tony says after setting Tali up with her coloring book and crayons. I chuckle, nodding my head.

"And I have a few for you." I reply.

"How is Nahele related to you?" I chuckle, shaking my head.

"No, he was a kid going down the wrong path, his dad was in jail and his mother was dead. He stole this old car my brother used to work on with my dad, so my brother did his thing and now he's kind of a big brother figure for him." I chuckle to myself, realizing how odd the entire situation sounded. "But, when I say family, I mean everyone. My brother, the rest of Five-0, Kamekona, and a few others." He nods, amused.

"Where's your brother? You seemed a little confused when talking about him."

I sigh, looking down at my coconut water before looking back up at him. "I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. He went to Bahrain in hopes of finding something. What? I don't know. He won't tell me." I grumble out, thinking about what kind of trouble Steve could have gotten himself into this time.