twelve

"Hey Emily?" I look up from the screen to see Danny on the other side.

"Yeah?"

"Mr. Diaz is here, would you like to question him?" I nod and we both walk down stairs. We go to the one adjacent to the room Carlos was in. He holds the door open for me and follows after. George Diaz was sitting in the chair, but he didn't have cuffs on.

"I would really like to know what this drain is for." I chuckled.

"No, you really don't." His eyes widen slightly.

"So, why am I here today, officers? I have some business to attend to this afternoon." I roll my eyes.

"Your daughter was found dead early this morning." His smile immediately drops.

"What?"

"Her fiancé killed a man later this morning because he was trying to break into their home. Someone was after your daughter. What was she running from?" He looks astonished.

"Carly is dead?" I nod. "Carlos, he is okay?" I nod once again. "Did he kill her?" I shake my head in disagreement.

"He didn't do anything, he was only protecting their home. Now. She moved all the way to Hawaii, bought a secure home, and bought a bulletproof SUV. What was she running from?"

"Not what, who." Danny said, I turn back to George. He nods.

"Carly was raped when she was 17. The man who did it was only put away for 5 years. He got out around 7 months ago. Then, two months later, Carly was sent a letter. It was anonymous, but we all knew it was from him."

I interrupted him before he could continue,"Who is we?"

"Myself, Carly, Carlos, and my security team. They are all really close to Carly. Most have been on my team since Carly was born. My wife died of cancer two years after Carly was born." I nodded.

"Who raped Carly?"

"Damien Sawyer. He was the head of a smaller gang that has become larger since he was behind bars, but he came out the leader. He had a great lawyer, the kid was surprised he had 5 years. But, a month after the final say in his sentence, the lawyer went missing, and came up dead a day later." I nod.

"Seems a little off to me." He nods his head. "Thank you. We will look into Damien, could you stay here a little longer?" He nods.

"Anything if you catch the son of a bitch that did this to my daughter." Danny and I walk out.

"You did a good job in there." I chuckle slightly.

"Thanks. It's never my favorite thing to do." He looks confused. "Yelling at people about their personal life. It's none of my business, especially when I know they are innocent." He nods. We walk upstairs, seeing they were all waiting for us by the table.

"Mr. Diaz said his daughter was raped at 17 by a Damien Sawyer." Kono types his name in.

"Damien Sawyer. He was in prison up until around 7 months ago. He then had charges pressed against him for harassment. Doesn't say by who, but his probation was lengthened. He's only purchased a ticket to Honolulu two days ago, and a room at a motel in the last week." I nod when Kono finishes speaking.