thirty

Emily McGarrett's POV

"Emily?" I hear faintly. Steven.

"Emily? Where are you? Emily." Danny.

I make my way closer and closer to the sound of their echoing voices. The zip ties around my wrists made it slightly more difficult, and my throat was a little sore from screaming in agony.

"Steve." I hear Danny say. I can finally see them.

"Emily." Steve says worriedly. "Emily." He repeats.

"Steve." I finally reply back.

"Emily." He says once again, jogging down to meet us at the bottom of the hill. "You okay?" He pulls out his knife and cuts the zip ties off.

"Yeah." He pulls me in for a tight hug, which I quickly return, relief flooding my bruised body.

"You alright?" I turn to see Danny in front of me. I nod my head before pulling him in for a hug as well.

"You okay?" Steven asks me again.

"Yeah." He examines my face with his eyes.

"You all right?" He asks, and as sweet it was at first, he was irritating me.

"You shouldn't have let them go." I reply.

"Come on, I'm not gonna lose you. You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good, but you let them get away." I swear he's in shock.

"That's what they think." He replies. This catches my attention.

"Look, I'm glad you will always save the day and everything, but I would really like to catch these bastards."
---------------

After tracking Danny's car, we arrive at the side of the road. Jumping out of the S.W.A.T. van, I notice the smoke coming from his car, as well as the burn marks.

"I always assumed it'd be your driving that killed my car." Danny says to Steve.

"Chin, you okay?" Steve asks.

"Yeah. They must have been expecting a tail." Chin responds.

Danny speaks up,"This is terrible. All right, did you see the other car the guys were driving?"

"Late model SUV, black, no plates."

"Call Lukela, have him put out an alert." Steven gestures to me. I nod and begin to pull out my phone.

"Oh, you don't have to do that. You just... tell him yourself." Danny says as a few patrol cars pull up beside of us. "All right, geez."

Lou pops up over the car door with a big ass gun. "On your knees! Guns on the ground!"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Hey!" Steven shouts.

"Down! Down!"

"Hands where we can see them!" Another officer shouts.