three

Recap:
"No, no. Bruh, I know what McGarrett's sister looks like, and this is not her." I laughed and stepped forward.

I held my hand out towards Kamekona, "I'm Emily McGarrett. Steve's other sister."

"Oh, I'm sorry little lady, didn't know." I chuckle along with Danny behind me. "So what'll it be?"

We ordered and Danny paid before I could even finish getting my wallet from my back pocket. We found a table with a nice view of the ocean. I sighed blissfully, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath, savoring the salty air.

Emily McGarrett's POV

I opened my eyes to find Danny staring at me,"What?"

"I should be asking you that."

"It's been a while since I've been here, as stupid as it sounds, I missed home."

"It's not stupid to miss home, I miss Jersey every day." My eyes widen slightly.

"So that's why you wear a tie? You're from Jersey?" He nodded with a smile on his face. Just as he was about to speak, Kamekona walked over with our shrimp and drinks, for me a coconut water and for Danny, just a regular water.

"Yep." He chuckles. "Although, I don't think the tie thing is just Jersey." I smiled.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you move away if you love it so much?"

"Not at all. Actually, it was my daughter. Rachel, my ex-wife, moved here with her new husband, leaving me no choice but to move." I smiled at this.

"That's really sweet." He shook his head.

"I would do anything for Grace." My grin widened.

"She sounds amazing." He nods his head with a smile.

"My only joy on this island." I laughed loudly and he smiled.

"There isn't anything you like about this place, is there?" He shook his head.

"I have a strong hatred towards the beach, sand, and water. Which is what this place is surrounded by. And basically made of." I looked at him with horror written across my face.

"You hate the beach? That's terrible!" He laughed and nodded. "I planned on going surfing later, you are coming with me."

"Really?" I shook my head up and down. "Why would I voluntarily do something that I hate?"

"Because I asked." He chuckled.

"We'll see what the day brings us between now and then. Steve gave us the rest of the day off, so we don't have work. What would you like to do now?"

We had finished eating around ten minutes ago. But we were just talking to pass the time by, to get to know each other better, etcetera.

"Let's go hiking!" He groaned.

"What is up with you McGarretts? Adventure is just something that has to be going on, all the time." I nodded with a smile and we walked over to the car. I waved at Kamekona on the way.