seven

Emily McGarrett's POV

Thursday.

"Wake up! Tyler!" I woke up, feeling myself being shaken. Opening my eyes, I came face-to-face with Danny.

Tears streaming down my face, I sat up and hugged him. He pulled me close and rubbed his hand up and down my back.

"Are you okay?" I nodded.

"Yeah, thanks for waking me." I pulled away from our hug, wiping the tears away and looking at the time. 7:45. "You're early." He nodded.

"Yeah, I thought we could get breakfast." I smiled.

"That would be nice, I'll be ready in 5 minutes." He nodded and left the room. I walked over to my duffle bag that I put in the corner of my room.

I decided to wear a striped tank with a pair of light jean shorts. Throwing on some sandals at the door of my room. I walked down the stairs, deciding to leave my hair natural.

"Ready to go?" I looked over at Danny and nodded. Walking out the door, grabbing my aviator sunglasses from the coffee table on the way. I open the door of his Camero, laughing. "What?"

"This is the only way you could bring this thing over, isn't it?" He realised I was referring to his surfboard coming from the trunk and all the way to our shoulders.

"Yeah. I didn't plan on doing any surfing when I came here, so I really didn't think a vehicle that could carry one of these things would be necessary." I laughed, but then I started to think about earlier. I can't believe I let him see me like that. He doesn't need to know, right?

"I'm sorry about this morning." He looked at me, taking his eyes off the road for a moment.

"There's no need to apologise for something that I never had a problem with. Seriously, no worries." I nodded.

Finally taking notice in his outfit, I laugh again. He was wearing boat shoes, shorts, and a t-shirt. "So, you do have clothes that don't involve a tie." He groans causing me to chuckle again.

"Today is a casual day, therefore I wore casual clothes." I nodded in approval and tried to get into another subject.

"How was Grace?" He chuckled, noticing my move to try and change the subject, but he answered anyway.

"She was completely fine, just like you said she would be. I guess, to me, she is still a small kid." He chuckled at his thoughts.

"Nothing wrong with being a little overprotective. My Dad was, when our mother 'died', he sent us away, thinking that we could be in harms way. I like that trait, for all men." He nodded in understanding.

"So you don't think I'm a loon?" I chuckled.

"Not for that reason." He smiled.

"Thanks. I know that was supposed to be offensive, but I don't care." He said, which causes me to chuckle.

We decided to eat breakfast at this cute little coffee house. Arriving there, I realised that I probably should have told Steven that I was leaving.