fourteen

Recap:
"Let's go find out what is in that bag. Yeah?" I smile and nod once again.

We head towards the taped off area as well, an officer holding it up for us when we ducked. Then, Danny and I walk to a table the bag was sitting on, as well as a robot trying to open it. Everyone was far enough away to where if it was a bomb, they would miss most of the blast.

I chuckle. "There isn't a bomb in there, Steve."

"How can you be so sure?" I walk up past the small barricades they squared around it, ignoring all of them yelling at me, and opened the bag wide.

"Because it's a bag of diamonds."

Emily McGarrett's POV

Steve walked up to me as the bomb squad began packing up their equipment.

"That's just great! Now I know that she is just as crazy as you. Maybe even a little more. I can't handle it. I can barely take one Steven McGarrett. Why, why would you give me two?" I chuckled at Danny and then turned back to Steve.

"So, what do you think about this?" Steve asked.

"They are some kind of ploy. These guys are definitely amateurs. Their guns looked like they bought them this morning." Steve and Danny nodded.

"Yeah. These guys are not pros. Did they even have an exit plan?" I shrug to Danny.

"Is there a reason we need to stay any longer?" I ask, ready to change out of these clothes.

"You are a witness, as well as a former hostage. You are going home. And I know you are just like him, and I will most likely have to drag you to the car, but I don't care, I wi-"

"I'll go." I cut Danny off, he turns to me with a shocked expression.

"What?" I chuckle.

"I'll go, but you're driving me, because I ran here." He chuckled.

"Steven. Why couldn't you be as easy as your sister?" He shrugs and walks to a group of police officers. "I swear he is like an ape. He only listens half of the time, and he ju-" I cut Danny off once again.

"Danny. I know. I grew up with him." He nods.

"Right. Let's go." He says. We walk towards his car, get in, and drive away.

We passed the palace around five minutes later, and I let out a huge breath of air I didn't know I was holding.

Danny turned to look at me. "What's wrong?"

"I'm okay, really. But, still. I didn't have my gun, I was already tired from my long run, and there was no way I could take three guys wi-"

"You could have done it." Danny cuts me off. I look over to him, studying his side profile. "I'm glad you didn't. Grace would have missed you very much." I smile.

"I would have missed her too." He chuckles.

"You don't have feelings when you are dead." He turns to look at me, but I had already turned to look out the window.

"Mahalo. For everything." He chuckled.

"Don't sweat it." I nod and continue to stare ahead.

We reach my house a few minutes later. I turn to Danny. "Thanks, once again. I really appreciate everything you've done today." He chuckles slightly.

"I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Stay in today, Emily." I nod my head.

"Sure. I'll just shower and clean up or something." He nods his head. "Bye Danny." I say as I exit the car.