sixteen

Recap:
"Why are you here, Emily?" I take a deep breath before pulling away from our embrace and looking him in the eyes.

"I miss him, so much. There was too much shit going on for me to take it any longer. Steve noticed and bought me a ticket. He gave it to me yesterday morning." He nods but pulls me into another hug.

"I'm glad you're here." I smile and we walk back into the living area.

3 1/2 weeks later

Monday

Emily McGarrett's POV

Honestly, my time here has been wonderful.

I go out with Jill and Avery almost every day, Matt and I have hung out a lot in the night time, and Nathan and I would watch sports sometimes. But two nights ago, I told him a few stories about us in the Navy. He enjoyed it a lot, but I only told him the good ones.

As much as I have loved to be here and with my family, Josh's family, I know that I need to go back home.

I told the Tyler family last night, we went out for ice cream, that's when I decided to say goodbye to Antonio as well. I had already told Aunt Deb I was leaving yesterday morning. They were all sad in their own way, but they all agreed that it was okay for me to leave, as well as it was time.

I zipped my duffle bag closed with more force than usual. I had already packed everything up in a matter of minutes. I groan while picking up my outfit for the day, not really wanting to change out of my sweatpants.

 I groan while picking up my outfit for the day, not really wanting to change out of my sweatpants

A dark blue top with leggings, a long and super comfy cardigan, and my favorite sneakers. I decide to leave my hair, per the usual.

I walk downstairs to see everyone standing around, waiting for me. "Hey guys." They all looked at me walking down the stairs with a duffle bag thrown over my shoulder and a backpack on my back. They all reply with small hellos.

I get to the bottom and set my duffle down. I give long hugs to everyone.

"I'm going to miss you, dear." Jill whispered in my ear when I hugged her.

"I'm going to miss you too." She hugged a little tighter as a tear escapes my eye.

"Call me anytime, okay?" I nodded. "I know he would want you to be happy, Emily. Please don't hold back from finding someone." I chuckle a little in her ear.

"If I ever find someone that was half the man that Josh was, I'll give you a call." She smiled at me as I moved down the line.