twenty

Recap:
I quickly grab my bags and run inside, changing out my clothes and throwing the rest in the hamper, hoping to do them when I get back. I walk out of my room, only to bump into Catherine.

"Emily?" I give her a quick hug before running down the stairs.

"I have to go. I'm sorry Cath! Steven will explain." She nods as she watches me get into the taxi. "Honolulu International." The driver speeds away before I could even finish closing the door.

I arrive at my gate two minutes before it's called. But, with my small amount of luck, they called early. I walk to my seat and grab my phone while sitting down.

Quickly, I dial Max's number while I wait for everyone to board. "Dr. Max Bergman."

"Max. It's Emily. Did the Petty Officer get sent on the flight to DC?"

"Ahh Ms. McGarrett. It's nice to speak with you. I heard you were leaving again, I hope your travels are well. Oh. And yes our Petty Officer is on his way to a Dr. Mallard?" I smile.

"That's it. Mahalo, Max."

"Have a safe trip, Lieutenant." I smile and hang up just as the hostess came through to glare at me as we were preparing for take-off. I spent my flight sleeping, not knowing how much I would get once we started the case.

We arrived earlier than I had originally expected. It was 6:00 a.m. in DC, so I grabbed a taxi to the Navy Yard.

I walked upstairs after showing my access badge to the man outside the gate.

Hearing the elevator let out a ding, I smile at the familiar orange walls. There weren't many people there, none around Gibbs' desk.

I take a seat in the desk that belonged to my oldest friend before I sat my things under it.

Not 20 minutes later, two men stopped in front of the desk. I look up from the newspaper I was reading to smile at them.

"Who are you?" The first one asks. He had darker brown hair than the other, and he had a backpack slung over one of his shoulders.

"None of your damn business, DiNozzo." I see a slap hit the back of his head before the familiar silver hair comes to my line of sight.

"Of course, boss." The two of them go to their respective desks as Gibbs looks at me.

"How's it been, Gibbs?" I stand up as he smiles and pulls me in for a hug. "You know, I forgot how damn cold it was here."

"What're you doing here, Emily?" He whispers in my ear.

"What? You're not happy to see me?" I say back. He chuckles.

I pull away from our hug, noticing his 'Gibbs' look. I glance upstairs. He nods and we both make our way to Leon's office.
---------------

Tony DiNozzo's POV

I meet McGee in the parking lot. "How did your date go last night?" He shrugs in my direction.

"Good." I chuckle.

"Well, it's a wonder how Delilah has stayed with you this long." I laugh once more at myself before he speaks.