twenty-nine

Danny Williams' POV
8:53 p.m.

It was almost three hours later and I had just arrived home. The light was off in the living room, but the TV was blaring.

After opening and closing the door, I see Emily on the couch, passed out.

She had an open pizza box on the coffee table, and quite an arrangement of alcohol. I chuckle slightly at the sight of her with sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt on, her hair in a messy bun at the middle of her head, and her entire body sprawled out on the couch.

I am such a creep.

I lean down and pick her up in my arms before carrying her into my room, laying her down and draping the covers over her quickly.

I change clothes and then walk into the living room once again, grabbing a large blanket on the way.
---------------

Wednesday
Emily McGarrett's POV

I wake up with a jolt, another nightmare that didn't even seem to faze me as much.

Taking notice of my surroundings, I see that I'm in Danny's bedroom. Sighing, I get up out of the bed and walk into the living room so that I could retrieve my things.

"Damn it!" I chuckle as an array of pans clatter on the ground in the kitchen.

"You okay?" His head whips around to face me.

"Yeah. Just didn't want to wake you." I smile at his generosity.

"You didn't. What time is it?" Wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I jump up onto the countertop across from Danny.

"10:37." My eyes go wide.

"I slept that long?" He nods his head.

"I figured you might want the extra sleep, or as much as you can get." I smile gratefully.

"So, what are we making?" Hopping off the counter, I gesture towards the fridge.

"Eggs, bacon, and toast?" I smile.

"Sounds great."
---------------

We had finished breakfast a while ago, and I was now cleaning up the rest of the lovely mess I made in the living room last night.

"You okay?" I glance at Danny and shrug.

"About?"

"Doris being on the same island as you." My slight laughter was fake.

"No, I'm not okay. But, what can you do? She wants to 'stop running' according to Steven. I can't force her to leave. Hopefully she leaves me the hell alone though." He sighs from his seated position on the couch.

"I swear, I'm going to die at the hands of one of you McGarretts. You're all too much alike." I chuckle and take the seat next to him.

"How so? Stubbornness?" He looks at me as if I had another head.

"Yes, and another list of things that have completely left me at this time." I smile at his little ramble before throwing my legs over his and re-situating myself so that I became more comfortable.