thirty-three

Two weeks later.
Sunday
3:29 a.m.

Emily McGarrett's POV

I was standing in the airport, looking at Tony, who held a sleeping Tali in his arms. "Be safe Tony. And take care of yourselves, okay?" He nods before pulling me in for a hug.

"You do the same, Emily." He whispers in my ear. "You should go to DC, get everything off your mind. McGee is the new Senior Agent, and I really don't want it to get to his head. Tell them I say hello when you go." I chuckle, nodding my head.

"Will do. So you're going back to Paris?" He nods.

"Yeah. Senior is meeting us there. We're going apartment hunting." The content look on his face shows me that he truly was happy with life.

"I'm happy for you, Tony." He smiles.

"Me too." He gives me a final hug. "Watch yourself out there." I smile, nodding my head.

"I always do. Good luck, Tony." He presses a kiss on my cheek.

"Same to you, Emily." I watch as he walks away until I couldn't see him anymore. I begin my own walk out of the airport, getting in my car quickly and driving back home.

I fall asleep, even though the bed was rather cold without Tony next to me.
---------------

8:30 a.m.

Emily McGarrett's POV

My phone woke me up this morning. It was ringing loudly, almost in my ear.

I turn my head to the side, groaning when I see it on the bedside table next to me.

I pick it up, clearing my throat while pressing the green button before bringing it to my ear.

"McGarrett." I grumble out, yawning at the end.

"Emily. We have a case. I'll send you the address." Then he cuts the call.

Thirty minutes later, I was in my car, driving towards the address Steven sent me.

When the GPS stops, I look around, confused. We were at a lookout, there were no cops, no tape, nothing except Steven and Danny standing a few feet away from his truck, looking out at the view. They were talking, but didn't seem to be moving very much.

I step out of my vehicle, closing the door behind me.

"You know, it's not nice to lie about a case, Steven." He finally turns around and gives me a look.

A look that made me want to run back to the car and drive far away from whatever was about to come out of his mouth.

I whip my head to look at his truck as the passenger door closes. I let out a groan.

"Steve, what the hell?" I turn back to him. "You told me she left."

"You two need to talk, Emily." I shake my head from side to side.

"No, we really don't." I turn around, but halt my movements when I see Danny directly in front of me, blocking my exit route. When did he even get behind me? "Danny, please move." He gives me a look.

"Emily..." I reach my hand out, ready to push him away. But, he catches my wrist.

"Danny, let me go." I say harshly. He looks into my eyes, a warning look on his face.

"Five minutes." He whispers. "Give her five minutes." I glare at him, but his demeanor doesn't falter.

"Fine." I grit out, turning back around to Steve, who was looking at us curiously, and to Doris, who was unreadable at the moment. "Two minutes." I say to Steve, who nods in agreement.