two

Recap:

"Bitch, you are going to enjoy this." He gives me a questioning look when I didn't reply. Then presses the knife further into my throat.

"Okay, okay." He nods in approval before reaching the back of my bra.

Emily McGarrett's POV

The door is kicked in before he can do anything else. Todd is shocked, but quickly places my body in front of his, shielding himself from any gunfire. This makes me a little embarrassed, considering I only have on my undergarments. My bra is almost off, only one hook left in the front.

Then, he places the knife back on my neck. Harder this time, which makes my head push further into his shoulder to avoid it. "I will do it, if you come any closer, I'll slice her throat open and she will bleed to death."

"Rosing put the knife down, it's over. We know what you did to the other women." I know Steve was just trying to talk him down, but he was only getting angrier. I stood on the tips of my toes to try to prevent the knife going any further. But I knew that none of them had a clear shot.

"Stand down, everyone." It was a strangled command, but they all got the message. With that, I looked at Steve and tried to get him to understand that I had a plan. He looked pissed at first, thinking I was giving up. "Put your weapons down, please?" I begged. They slowly complied and lowered their weapons, but didn't put them in their holsters.

Rosing released his grip on the knife, waving it at the others, trying to intimidate them. But, while he was distracted with trying to make sure they didn't pull anything, I elbowed him in the ribs as hard as I could. He gasped and loosened his hold on me, giving me time to get out of his reach as they all raised their weapons again.

Rosing didn't care though, he kept coming after me, resulting in a shot to the shoulder. He stopped so he could cry out in pain. Steve ran towards him and tackled him to the ground, which caused another cry from him. Neither I had opposed to.

Danny walked up to me, holstering his gun. "Here." He wrapped a jacket around me before gently placing a hand on my cheek, wiping away the drops of blood that came from the soon-to-be scar.

"Mahalo." I smiled sincerely at him and he returned it.

We started walking out of the room after Steve left with Rosing. "I don't think you are anything like your brother."

I gave him an amused look,"Oh?"

"Yeah, if your brother was put through something like that, he'd walk away and go right back to taking my car from me." I laughed at what he said, a real one this time.

"Does he really do that? Take your car." He nodded and I just chuckled.

"But seriously, are you okay?"

"Doing great, we just caught a serial killer. And it didn't involve me dying."

When laughed the rest of the way to the elevator, and when we got there, Chin was waiting and holding the door open for us. Steven and Kono had already gone down with Rosing before we were even close.

"Mahalo." I said to Chin.

We made our way out of the elevator and then out of the building. Steve came up to me as soon as we walked down the steps. He gave me a tight hug, which I returned.