eighteen

Recap:
"You can't do this!"

"You can't shoot at cops either, but you did." I retorted.

"If I give you a name, will you take me to the hospital?"

"Start talking, George." Kono commands.

Emily McGarrett's POV

20 minutes later we had an officer with George in the back of an ambulance, and the three of us were on our way back to the palace. 

I walked in to see Danny and Steve talking at the table, while Chin and Kono must have been behind me. I quickly start to type in everything I can find about the name George gave us.

Once I find it, I put his picture up on one of the screens.

"Gerard Burns the defense attorney?" I nod my head to Steven.

"The guy has made a lot of money representing some questionable people." Chin said.

"Doesn't make sense. Why would he buy a gun to kill Guy Ingram? What's the connection?" I look to Danny.

"Burns' wife." I reply with no hesitation. "Meet Sally Ann Burns." I slide her drivers license up on the screen next to Gerard's.

"But we know her better as Sally Ann Caldwell." Kono finishes.

"The name on the other plane ticket." Steve recognizes.

"The reason we couldn't find her is because she hasn't used her maiden name in over 20 years." I remark.

"So Guy Ingram and Burns' wife were gonna run away together." Danny says.

Chin speaks up,"Burns must have found out and made sure that didn't happen."

"All right, how do we get to Sally Ann?" Steve asks me.

"We don't." I reply. "Burns reported her missing six months ago." Steve grumbled.

"Okay. Kono and Em, you guys get him. Chin will send you his location." I nod and Kono and I walk to the parking lot.

"I'll drive?" I question while she smiles.

"Sure." We walk to Steven's truck and quickly move to the end of the parking lot. Just as I was about to call them, Kono's phone dinged. "Okay. Aloha Golf Course. About 25 minutes from here." I nod and turn left.

"I know where it is."

"So, I didn't get the chance to ask you, how was your trip?" I smile.

"It was great, thanks." She smiled. "Anything new happen while I was gone?"

"Danny's mother came for a visit. That's a long story that you should just ask him about." I chuckle. "We had an MSS agent around. That was," she paused. "Complicated." I chuckled.

"They always are." She chuckles.

"You have some experience with Chinese CIA?" I smile.

"Yeah. But it's classified." She laughs once again.

We pull in as our laughter dies down. Then, we walk up to the sign-in window in front of the parking lot.