Chapter 8

Amber:

After about 30 minutes to and hour in a shower, I step out in a towel and wrap my hair up with another towel. I look over to find a robe hanging from the hook on the bathroom door. I don't ever remember hanging up a robe? Huh, I must have not seen it. I just shrug my shoulders and drop the towel to place the robe over me.

It's so soft. I could just melt. It feels like clouds are surrounding my body, hugging me. I smile to myself and take the towel off from my hair, it sort if made my head feel ten times heavier, and that's not really what I'm aiming for at this point. I flip my hair over a few times, trying to separate the clumps of wetness remaining in my hair. Eventually it becomes un-clumped and separated. I flip my hair back over once more, the strands hitting my back and I look at myself in the mirror and wipe the access mascara away. I really look like a skunk right now. I laugh at my own joke like a fool because that's what I am. I smile cheekily in the mirror, just messing around and setting different faces. This is getting boring. I look at the robe and admire how tan it makes me look, and I smile in the mirror, braces really paid off, I'm a total babe! I mess with my hair making it the way I want it, tighten the robe, and walk out.

Plopping down on the bed, I find a tablet connected to a wire on the wall. Hm. Maybe I can check my Facebook or something.. I pull off the tablet and place it on my lap and scratch my head. Time to finally figure this technology shit out.

"Finally you're out." I hear a deep voice come from the left side of the room making me flinch a little.

I turn my head. Zayn is leaning against a door way on his shoulder, holding a drink in one hand and the other hand in his pocket. A smirk appears across his face. And he looks down at his feet.

There's a door there? Oh, a balcony.

"Um.." I stutter, remembering that I am only wearing a robe, and it's to mid thy. "I don't... I uh.." I can't seem to get the words out because of my embarrassment. "No clothes.." I manage to get out with a side smile. I feel myself blushing now.

This is awkward.

Zayn moves off the door frame, and walks to get set his.. Coffee? His coffee on the side table and reaches down into a duffle bag.

"Haha, it's fine love, I figured you didn't have any clothes anyway, so I dropped by the mall and got you a few clothes... I hope you like Hollister?" He says with a smile.

"Yeah.. Yeah totally!" I say, moving forward a little, eager to find out what he got me.

He pulls out a simple white V-neck with the word "Hollister" running down the side of it. Looks about my size, just a little small though. He throws it on the bed then diggs to find other clothing. He pulls out two pairs of skinnys. One just a regular blue wash, and the other a little darker blue. I eek in excitement, and grab them, admiring how beautiful they are. He throws a few more V-necks on the bed, both similar to the white, but ones black, and mint green. He then pulls out something I would have never expected.

"A bra and lace thong!?" My eyes widen and I drop the clothes on the bed. "Wait... How do you know all my sizes?!" I say grabbing the bra.

"I uh.. I showed the lady, cashier person thingy.. Whatever..I showed her a picture of you. A body shot!" He says biting his lip, holding back from laughing.

"How did you.. Wait.. I'm not going to ask.." I start to laugh uncontrollably and Zayn joins in laughing with me, I sit on the bed and admire the clothes as he does the same.

"But I will ask this..." I say biting my lip. "Why a lace thong?!" I say giggling a little bit, letting my jaw drop in surprise again.

He picks it up and nods his head, raising both eyebrows. "She asked if you were my girlfriend, and I couldn't tell her what happened soooo." He draws off the sentence forming an O with his lips. And starts to laugh.

"Well why blue?" I ask letting out a little giggle.

"That's my favorite color. Duh." He lowers his head but still looks at me like I should know.

I furrow my eyebrows in a confused manner.

"Only kidding!" He punches my shoulder in a jokingly way.

Kinda hurts...

"Oh...." I say, then start to laugh.

"Yeah.."

We sit there for about 20 seconds of awkwardness and I can feel the atmosphere change.

"Well...I brought food!" He says with a big fake smile, raising his arms above his head.

"Yes! Finally.."

I shift myself, while Zayn digs in the bag. I'm getting uncomfortable waiting for him. He's so goddamn slow!

He starts to pull the snacks out one by one.

"Doritos...Brownies...Dr.Pepper... Salsa and chips..."

He throws each one on the bed as my excitement rises. I clap my hands a few times and place them under my chin to stop myself, Zayn just laughs at me.

"Stooppp. I'm fat. I know." I roll my eyes.

"Not the least bit love." He crawls up more comfortable on the bed, and adjust him self next to me, looking at my body up and down.

"Eyes up here fool." I say shoving him laughing. And he gets red in the cheeks.

After 30 minutes of snacking and exchanging cheap pick up lines, we lay on the bed in the dark. Watching Spongebob up on the TV while our stomachs digest. I laugh when he laughs at the weak, kiddish jokes Spongebob and Patrick trade with each other.

I turn my focus to Zayn most of the time, his laugh is slight. Half boyish and half a man laugh. It's unique. He puts his tongue out when he lets out a laugh, and squints his eyes. It's adorable.

"You're missing the show." Zayn says, not even looking at me.

"Yeah uh. I'm just going to go to bed!" I say, propping myself up and ready to go sleep on the recliner.

"Where are you going?" He says leaning up quite quick.

"To, go rest on the couch?" I say pointing my fingers at the couch. I'll just call it that.

Zayn grabs my arm and tugs me down to where I fall on the bed and starts tickling me.

"Zayn.. Stop. Zay-" I say between laughters, finally he stops.

It takes me a heartbeat to realize that he is directly on top of me now, our noses almost touching and I can feel his slight breath against my lips and we stare into each others eyes for a good 30 seconds. It feels like there is no worry in the world, every thing has gone forgotten and out if focus but Zayn directly on top of me.

I pull myself out of my thoughts and move out from beneath his arms, my face rising with heat.

"I should go to bed..." I limp over to the couch and lay a blanket over my cold body.

I peak up to Zayn stripping down to only his boxers. His abs shining against the moonlight and his ink making him look even more buff. He lays on the bed, and without warning, he looks at me.

"You can look but you can't touch." He shoots me a wink and rolls over.

"I wasn't... Shut up." I say, rolling the opposite direction of him, and a smile releases to my face.

"Whhhaaattever." Zayn says with a tired voice.

Silence just takes over from there, and I smile once again, remembering the awkwardness between Zayn and I on the bed.

My eyes start to get heavy and I drift off into sleep.