The Last Day Has Ended

Woooo, I made it.

I managed to make it through nine days of touring and walking through both summer weather and pouring rain. I'm on the plane as I sip on my cranberry juice and look down at the land below. It's 6:10PM (East Coast Time) and I'm ready to go home and play with my souvenirs. 

Today, before I got on the plane, we went to the Library of Congress and The Capital. It was actually pretty cool, especially Thomas Jefferson's library. Considering that I'm a GIANT Thomas Jefferson fan, it's natural that I absolutely loved his library. I visited my favorite president's library and it was hella cool.

The one thing that amazed me about his library wasn't that they were old books, it was that they once belonged to him and that he read all, if not, most of them. I wish I was around before the battle of 1812 so I could read each individual book to see exactly he read. Too bad time machines don't exist. If they did, I'd be sitting on a bench talking to one of our founding fathers myself right now, well....not necessarily now. But you get the idea, right?

Moving on from Thomas Jefferson, I just want to say that this trip was really fun. I enjoyed it more than I expected to and honestly I loved seeing the things I saw.

Going to Boston was just great even if I felt sick, I still almost at home visiting the different memorials and walking along the streets. It was amazing but nowhere as amazing as Philadelphia and Gettysburg. Those two places were the places where I felt so comfortable and happy with my surroundings. Not only that, the two places felt more familiar than new so of course I was satisfied. I definitely liked Washington DC too. Even though I dislike big cities, DC and New York were still awesome.

I also got a shit ton of stuff. Magnets, hats, postcards, shirts, stuff like that. I bought my friends stuff too, but I feel guilty because they're kind if shitty gifts. You see, I'm good at picking things out. I'm more of the type to just give people stuff I have and then call it good. I hate picking stuff out too, it just irritates me because I must buy them the perfect gifts. I hope I don't disappoint anyone. I really don't.

Things that.....bothered me:

To start off, I hope I never have to go to any Holocaust memorial sight or museum ever again in my life. The museum/memorial wasn't shitty quality or anything it's just the feeling of that era makes me so uncomfortable. I try to avoid it as much as possible (sucks for me because I'm gonna be stuck dealing with it for school.) It's not that I'm sad about it or that I feel bad, it's that I have to fake that I have any true empathy for what those people went through. They suffered horribly and they couldn't help themselves, I know that. I know that more than anyone else. It's just that for some reason, the Holocaust makes me emotionless and empty. I can never sit down think about it without feeling guilty for not feeling bad. Enough of that. I need to talking about other things.

Walking. Oh my god. We walked too much. Um. Yea. That's all for now.

•••

Blehhhhh. I'm finally in Seattle. I have at least another two hours in a bus before I'm home just good god. I'm sweating a shit ton and I have a heavy ass backpack on. I'm actually waiting for the bus to arrive and just AAHHHHH. Kms

Goodbye my fellow humans I may speak later. Toodles. ✌✌