A Dumb Rant

(Also from the other thing)

Choose your side!

Eridan Ampora:
Often described as pathetic, desperate, perverted, and annoying! A total grump and asshole! No one fucking likes him and he constantly tries to hit on girls!

Feferi Peixes:
Annoying POS who rejected the precious fish boy, Eridan! A horrible character with no significance or decent backstory! She's a goddamn wriggler who's emotionally/mentally and physically weak! Who cares about her?!

Sollux Captor:
Total dick who stole Fef from Eridan! He's perfect and is 100% only about bees! He has no personal problems or anything that mentally holds him down! Nope, not even his fucking bipolar disorder or piisonic powers!

G

ood grief.

This is nothing compared to the shit that I read and hear about these three. It's almost depressing. Each of the three have decent reasons to explain how they were in the webcomic and I can't fucking believe people see these three the way they do.

Let me just explain them.

Feferi:
Feferi is much more than that overly bubbly chick who makes people's ears bleed and she certainly isn't stupid or selfish at all. Really, she tried her best to help Eridan's well-being and it stressed her out, therefore she made the difficult and smart decision and dumped his ass. She doesn't have any plans to commit mass fucking genocide unlike her fellow ex-moirail and lovely ancestor. She actually wanted to help others and she was more of a pacifist than anything. People should be at least proud of her for not being a total cunt like what is typically expected from her family and others who are royalty. Feferi's just a straight up badass, okay? Sure, she isn't Meenah, but she's Feferi.

Eridan: Okay, yes. Eridan is a prick. Most definitely a mega dick. But he sure as fuck isn't a desperate pervert or whiny little bitch. Oh god no. As far as I'm clear, he really only talked about his problems to two people, Feferi and Karkat. And he didn't even talk to Fef that much about his problems. He is definitely miserable and an asshole but there are reasons for that. He has pressure on his shoulders and is expected to be at his best at all times. Which part of why it's "hard bein a kid an growwin up its hard an nobody understands" when it comes to him. He's not just some middle class troll who isn't too looked down upon or expected to be perfect. He's a pubescent boy who's losing his shit because no one likes him and I bet you he doesn't see why. He wants to kill landdwellers because of pollution (the faygo scene, remember?), expectation to be racist/hemophobic, and him just wanting to be successful, even if it means he's the bad guy. And on top of that, Eridan's moirail broke up with him RIGHT BEFORE he was about to confess his red feelings for her. Can you fucking imagine that? He probably felt even more miserable than before. It's quite depressing and I'm surprised he jumped to genocide rather than suicide. The poor fucker hates himself and just about everyone else hates him. (This certainly doesn't justify what he did, nothing can really justify going rotten and killing the one you love, tempting to kill her s. o., and then someone who fucking supplied the power to do so.)

Sollux:
Sollux. Is. Not. Perfect. At. All. No, he isn't for sure. First of all, he stuggles a lot more than what some fans realize. His mutation leads to slavery and hard labor. Psiionics are treated like tools, as in power tools. It's not treated as some sort of great gift or even a normal thing. It's sometimes used against him and I bet that it's unbearable at times. He wounded up killing his matesprit. Yes, it was technically Vriska being the cunt that she is and controlling Sollux with mind honey, but it still was his hands at fault and it was his girlfriend that he unconsciously murdered. And on top of having all of this bullshit, his issues only grow in size with being a Doom player. God, I can't even begin with how much anxiety that creates. Knowing the end is never fun, never. Plus, his little rivalry with Eridan is just stressful on both ends, but more likely to be worse for  him. He's with the girl that Eridan loves so he get shit from Eridan for it. Then, he was stuck being both dead and alive after being blind and losing to a wond-weilding fishfuck. Ugh. And I'm sure that Sollux is just as miserable as Eridan.

The character traits that are typically used to describe these three piss me off so much. And then people just misinterpret their little altercation completely wrong.

Feferi was taking care of herself for once.

Eridan was pushed into a spot where he was unsure of how to feel and grew desperate for love to fill the empty hole in his chest. However, he resorted to violence.

Sollux lost his matesprit at least twice and then was placed in a realm of drama with Eridan and Feferi.

Eridan is not exactly what you'd call a hero, and that's okay. Neither is Sollux. But Feferi on the other hand, she's stronger than what people give her credit for.

---

Anyways. This was pointless but why not???? 2AM rants are nice. :)