70.The Debutante

Title: The Debutante

Author: Miss Katey

Summary​:

***2016 WATTY AWARD WINNER - VORACIOUS READS***

WINNER OF THE FICTION AWARDS 2016 - HISTORICAL FICTION

Against all odds, Libby Marks-Whelan is back at court - and no longer confined to the service corridors as a lady-in-waiting. With the start of the new Winter Season, however, the competition for a crown just got a lot fiercer. Now that there are two princes searching for wives, Libby struggles not just against the other debutantes but also against the monotony of court life in her new position. With the queen's disapproval aimed squarely in her direction, will she weather the storm to win her prince?

***Please note that this story is the sequel to The Season. Since there are many characters, backstories, and subplots that I won't be able to fully explain in the first few chapters, I strongly recommend you read The Season first!***

Status: completed, 55 parts.

Review:

Well I told that you could be addicted to " The season". This is second book in the series. Have to have to read the first book before it. 

This book shows the journey of Libby from being a lady in waiting to a debutante. The second book doubles the excitement of " The season".

This book shows more shades of life around The High Castle. How being prince's favourite is not as beautiful and fun as we dream. When you attract good attention you attract bad as well. 

Libby wants to be with prince but is not ready to take the side effects of it. And when it comes to the one thing that she craves "Her Freedom", she takes the stupidest decision.

The life lesson here is how easy you became a pray to evil with your insecurities. 

The drama in this instalment of the book takes a high toll. I scream in my head that finally let them get the happy ending but than a new twist comes my way.

Loved all the supporting characters romance as well. Waiting for the third book. Favourite part of this book is quarrel with the queen.

Claim what is yours before it runs out of your hand.

Happy Reading