twenty-five

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go."

Before Alex could even hit the ground, Khan slugged Scotty and hurdled the navigation board, tackling Jim to the ground.

Alex cried out again, clutching the side of her leg. Broken leg.

Scotty immediately crawled his way over to her, gathering her upper body in his arms, trying to provide some sort of comfort.

Khan had hoisted Jim up again and kneed him in the stomach before throwing him down on the ground. Alex tried to sit up more as Khan shoved Carol out of the way to get to Marcus.

Alex choked back a sob of pain as she shifted to see Khan grab Marcus by the head with both hands. He cried out in pain as Khan's grip tightened.

"You....should....have....let....me....sleep....!"

Khan's words seemed to shake the whole ship before he smashed Marcus's head in like it was only an egg. Carol screamed in horror and Alex's eyes widened in fear and she covered her mouth to prevent anymore cries.

Khan hailed the Enterprise and held up Jim by the arm. "I'm going to make this very simple for you."

"Captain!"

Alex whimpered into Scotty's arm at the sound of Spock's voice, her body starting to shake.

"Your crew for my crew."

"You betrayed us."

"Oh, you are smart, Mr. Spock." Khan praised the Vulcan.

"Spock, don't-" Jim tried to butt in but Khan knocked him down easily.

"Mr. Spock, give me my crew."

"What will you do when you get them?"

"Continue the work we were doing before we were banished."

"Which as I understand it involves the mass-genocide of any being you find to be less than superior."

"Shall I destroy you, Mr. Spock?" Khan smiled. "Or will you give me what I want?"

"We have no transporter capabilities."

"Fortunately, mine are perfectly functioning. Drop your shields."

"If I do so I have no guarantee that you will not destroy the Enterprise."

"Well, let's play this out logically then, Mr. Spock. Firstly, I will kill your captain to demonstrate my resolve, then if yours holds I will have no choice but to kill you and your entire crew."