seventeen

"I'm hanging on while growing cold, while my mind is leaving

"I'm hanging on while growing cold, while my mind is leaving."

Beep beep..... beep beep........

Alex groaned loudly as she rolled out of bed, the cool morning air nipping at her skin. She sat up and pulled the flannel back on her shoulders, which had been discarded on the ground from the night before. As the beeping seemed to grow louder, the base of her skull began to throb.

"Stupid hangover." Alex grumbled as she buttoned the flannel from her chest to the bottom, grabbing her communicator, her PADD, and a hypo that they both had specifically for hangovers.

She flopped down on her side of the bed, causing Bones to groan slightly. Alex opened  her communicator and almost jumped back out of bed when she saw the message.

Lost the Enterprise. And my job.

Spock has also been kicked off the ship.

Pike also lost command of the ship.

"Good god." Alex contacted Jim, but it didn't ring, so he must have had it turned off. She pressed the hypo to a vein in her neck and sighed as the cool rush soothed the pain immediately.

Bones groaned again and leaned over to rest his head in Alex's lap. She ran her fingers through his hair with one hand while she used the other to search through articles on her PADD. She stopped when one particular article popped out at her.

Starfleet Archive Bombed. Estimated 40 Dead

"I guess I spoke too soon."

--

"You know, we need to make a habit of going out to eat more often. Theres rarely a restaurant that home cooks the food right there for us." Christine zipped up her jacket and stared up towards the sky, which was dotted with the lights and arriving and departing shuttles.

Bones nudged Alex slightly, taking her hand. "You alright?"

She shrugged. Bones wrapped his arm around her waist and gave her a quick kiss before her communicator beeped at her again.

Jim was calling.

"Hey Jim, what's going on?"

"Change of plans."

Alex cocked her head and looked at Bones, Christine, and M'Benga, who gave her the same confused look. "What?"

"Pike is back on the Enterprise. I'm his first officer now."