fifteen

"For this life I cannot change, Hidden Hills, deep off in the main

"For this life I cannot change, Hidden Hills, deep off in the main."

Alex stepped out of her quick shower after her normal workday, wrapping her hair up in the towel and changing into a tshirt and underwear before leaving the bathroom. Bones stood in her small living room, nervously staring out her window, which was growing increasingly blue.

"Oh hey! I didn't hear you come in." Alex pulled the towel off of her head as Bones turned around to face her. "Are we at Nibiru yet?"

"Your idiot brother had the damn ship parked at the bottom of the ocean!"

Alex blinked and tried to shake some sleepiness from her eyes. "The where?"

"C'mere." Bones beckoned her towards him and pointed out the window. "Shuttles leaving at 900 hours. Jim wants Sulu and Uhura to fly Spock to the top of the volcano to save the planet."

"I thought the three of us were doing an observational mission?" Alex looked out the window and jumped back at the sight of a large sea creature passing by.

"Last second change. We are now on a reconnaissance mission to help negotiate with them." Bones grumbled, slinging and arm around her shoulders.

Alex yawned. "Why did he change it up on us so soon...?"

"I don't know." He hugged her closer to him.

"I wonder how Scotty feels being down here." She mumbled into his chest.

"I knew he threw a riot but I didn't hear the details." Bones looked down at Alex who was beginning to doze off standing up and decided she needed to get to bed. She yelped in surprise as he swept her off her feet, and carried her to her bedroom. He laid her down on the bed and pulled the covers up for her while she whimpered.

"You're staying with me, right?" Alex reached for him pitifully.

Bones chuckled as he smiled down at her and took his shirt off. "Of course I am." He climbed into the other side of the bed and hovered above Alex for a second before he leaned down to press a strong kiss to her lips, pressing her head down further into her pillow.

"Goodnight Len." Alex whispered as she curled up to him, taking in the warmth of his body.

"Goodnight sweetheart."

--

Alex huffed into her disguise as Jim tiptoed forward towards the native tribe. His objective: nab the scroll they were bowing to in order to take off running as a distraction to get them away from the volcano.

Jim nudged forward just a tad more, reaching from behind the tribe leader to snatch the scroll right out of his...or its hands. When he grabbed it, there was a loud screech and both Jim and Alex turned tail and ran for their lives.

"Ihateyouihateyouihateyouihateyouihateyou!" Alex screamed breathlessly as the cooler air burned at her lungs. She focused on the ground in front of her as the terrain changed from cobblestone to dirt, which did nothing for her feet in the wetsuit.

Jim let out a yell behind her and she skidded to a stop as she heard a roar in front of her. Alex looked up to see some sort of gigantic creature bucking up, ready to stamp down on to the both of them.

Jim pulled out his phaser without hesitation, shooting it down. The creature roared again before landing backwards with a thud, revealing an incredibly angry Leonard McCoy.

"Damnit man, that was our ride! You just stunned our ride!"

"You wanted to ride that damn thing to shore?!" Alex ripped the scarf off her head.

"Ah, great..." Jim made a face, panting. "Run!"

They all took off running in a scrambling mess, red leaves and vines whipping past them. The natives started screeching something again and Bones screamed at Jim.

"What the hell did you take?!"

Jim took out his communicator, hurdling a root. "I have no idea but they were bowing to it! Kirk to shuttle one, locals are out of the kill zone! Repeat, Spock get in there and neutralize the volcano and let's get out of here!"

As soon as Jim stopped talking, they all heard the clunking of something behind them. Alex turned her head slightly and watched in terror as a wooden spear whizzed right by her face.

"They're trying to kill us!" Bones ducked away from a spear. "They're trying to kill us, Jim!"

The trees seemed to keep going and going while the three of them kept running. It took Alex a minute too long to realize that they weren't heading the way they came to the island.

"Jim!" Alex cried. "The beach is that way! We need to go the other way!"

"We're not going to the beach!" Jim answered, hanging the scroll on a tree.

"Oh no no no no!" Bones shouted. "I hate this!"

"I know you do!" Jim turned his head back slightly.

"Oh piss off!" Alex yelled, beginning to untie her disguise, throwing it off and revealing her blue wetsuit. She took a deep breath, pinching her nose shut and closed her eyes when the three of them jumped off the cliff. Alex shrieked when she realized how far the drop actually was. She straightened her body out to make sure she didn't smash her skull, and she made a small splash as she rocketed through the water. The three swam as fast as they could, skimming the massive ship for the airlock.

The door to the airlock opened and they scrambled to swim to the overhead bar. Alex heaved a breath as the water finally lowered below her head. They hung on the overhead bar until the water drained and Bones threw his goggles on the ground, glaring at Jim.

"I didn't get a pair of those." Alex pointed at them and looked at Jim.

The second airlock door opened up, revealing Scotty, extremely annoyed.

"Do you know how ridiculous it is to hide a starship at the bottom of the ocean? We've been down 'ere since last night!"

"Scotty!" Jim snapped. "Where's Spock?"

"Still in the volcano sir."

Aaaaaand part 2 is a go!!!

Be sure to comment, vote, share, and follow me for more updates from this story!! Xoxox.

~AB~